• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Work In Progress...

Share/Bookmark

Work In Progress...

All,

This is one of my works for solo violin and piano in progress. I still have to write some thematic development sections for it.

My best regards to everyone.

Larry Alexander

Re: Work In Progress...

I understands that work is in progress.
    Again, it is you, great piece.
    I work sometimes for a local small orchestra, which, includes a piano player lady. She can not control her hitting the keys, smothering all else. She is a great person, so I have not got the heart to tell her to reduce her impacts on the keys, and the conductor feels the same way.
    To explain this long story, since you wrote this for solo violin, I would seriously cut back on the volume of the piano, when the violin is dominating, to let us hear the lovely violin parts more clearly.
    My admiration not diminished but increased and trying to be helpful

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I understands that work is in progress.
    Again, it is you, great piece.
    I work sometimes for a local small orchestra, which, includes a piano player lady. She can not control her hitting the keys, smothering all else. She is a great person, so I have not got the heart to tell her to reduce her impacts on the keys, and the conductor feels the same way.
    To explain this long story, since you wrote this for solo violin, I would seriously cut back on the volume of the piano, when the violin is dominating, to let us hear the lovely violin parts more clearly.
    My admiration not diminished but increased and trying to be helpful

Ted
    Since I have not finished writing it, I have not tweaked this work yet and I will adjust the volume when I do so.

Thanks for listening and commenting, Mister Ted.

Best,

Larry Alexander

pretty sophisticated writing Larry.
    Looking forward to the final release. I love already some of the Violin phrasing, being so real and so musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    pretty sophisticated writing Larry.
    Looking forward to the final release. I love already some of the Violin phrasing, being so real and so musical.
    Thanks for the compliments, Mister Fabio and thank you for listening.

My best regards to you.

Larry Alexander

Thanks for the share Larry. It's a nice piece so far. The violin also sounds really convincing and of high quality. Good work!

Frozen cold Canadian guy who likes the winter and snow,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Thanks for the share Larry. It's a nice piece so far. The violin also sounds really convincing and of high quality. Good work!

Frozen cold Canadian guy who likes the winter and snow,

Richard
    Dude from our Northern neighbor, maple leaf country.

Thanks, as always, for the good review of my unfinished piece.

A good day to you.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Hi mister Larry,

What a fine job you've done so far. It leaves a lot to elaborate its to another masterpiece. The violin is really good and yes, the piano is sometimes a bit too strong, but I'm sure you will deal with that.

If you allow me to ask a question... I have the impression that you've used different violin libraries or at least, not all the articulations are situated in the same environment. The short ones (staccati, détachés) are pretty dry and in the front, the legatos and bowed passages seem to have more distance and another more reverberating ambience. Did you use more than one library? Different players?

But apart from this, a brilliant start for a very promising work!
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi mister Larry,

What a fine job you've done so far. It leaves a lot to elaborate its to another masterpiece. The violin is really good and yes, the piano is sometimes a bit too strong, but I'm sure you will deal with that.

If you allow me to ask a question... I have the impression that you've used different violin libraries or at least, not all the articulations are situated in the same environment. The short ones (staccati, détachés) are pretty dry and in the front, the legatos and bowed passages seem to have more distance and another more reverberating ambience. Did you use more than one library? Different players?

But apart from this, a brilliant start for a very promising work!
    Max
    The unpleasant effects to which you refer were caused by bugs in the actual sample library software itself. The last report that I heard was that East/West was working on solving the problem. I have heard no more about it.

Thanks for the good review. A wonderful day to you, my friend.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Its good!! How did you go about the composition: was it a pre-determined composition or was it an instinctive one?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast