• Register
  • Help

Topic: Howard Shore....

Share/Bookmark

Howard Shore....

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    ...Best Original Score. How nice? I\'ve seen some people in this forum talk trash about this cat.

Oh well...

Re: Howard Shore....

The score was not as great as it could have/should have been. I think Howard Shore received the award less for the soundtrack of Return of the King than for the combined monumental task involved with creating the three films. That probably goes for many of the other awards Lord of the Rings received last night as well.

With that said - many congratulations to Howard Shore and the creative team involved with this project.

-K

I could be mistaken, but didn\'t Shore win on the first LOTR film? 2 out of 3 - not bad!

Rob

Howard Shore\'s best score, IMO, was Silence of the Lambs.

The soundtrack on the movie is great , but when you here only the CD , humm. It seems more a orquestration execise than anything else!!!

I agree leogardini...

I love the comps within the film, but listening to the CDs on their own, with or without a mental image, the score seems kindof jarring and eratic...

I would love to hear these pieces flushed out and whole, not slapped together by what sounds like someone who just picked up Pro Tools at a garage sale...

The music is really beautiful in its context Mr. Shore, congrats... I just think the CDs need a little work.

Originally posted by Mahler-:
    I find Two Towers to be the most enjoyable to listen to. Definitely think it\'s the best of the three.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree. I thought he nailed the Rohan scenes with that haunting, folksy fiddle. But throughout the movies I found myself wishing he had collaborated with Loreena McKennitt on the project.

I thought most of the music was very good.

Keep in mind that the music was meant for screen and not for CD\'s...

Originally posted by Daedalus:
    I thought most of the music was very good.

Keep in mind that the music was meant for screen and not for CD\'s...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Putz... it´s music , it should be nice to listen to the CD too!!!
    John Williams once said \"a good score is the one that fits great on the movie and still good to listen to the CD\"!!!

I find Two Towers to be the most enjoyable to listen to. Definitely think it\'s the best of the three. Of course, Shore didn\'t win for that one, especially since he wasn\'t even nominated. Ohh, THAT\'S right...\"Frida\" won last year. Such a great score! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Typical of the Academy.

Go Back to forum