• Register
  • Help

Topic: Life's Journey

Share/Bookmark

Life's Journey

Serenity musician said in the General Discussion that maybe we should write a tune while waiting for the new GPO5 to come out.

Well, I did and GPO5 is still not available. But, if you would like to hear some GPO4 strings in a new song then give a listen to this:

Life's Journey

It is a slideshow including some of my favorite photos that I have taken the past few years. I hope you enjoy it. The only Garritan used was the strings but they are important to the piece. The Tenor Sax is me playing.

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Life's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Serenity musician said in the General Discussion that maybe we should write a tune while waiting for the new GPO5 to come out.

Well, I did and GPO5 is still not available. But, if you would like to hear some GPO4 strings in a new song then give a listen to this:

Life's Journey

It is a slideshow including some of my favorite photos that I have taken the past few years. I hope you enjoy it. The only Garritan used was the strings but they are important to the piece. The Tenor Sax is me playing.
    I listen to this and wonder, "How much more do we need to sound really good?" Sure I'm going to buy GPO 5 if it ever comes out, but I doubt I'll use it to come up with something this good.

Tom

Red face Re: Life's Journey

I listen to this and wonder, "How much more do we need to sound really good?" Sure I'm going to buy GPO 5 if it ever comes out, but I doubt I'll use it to come up with something this good.
    Thanks Tom. I appreciate the comment. It is not that hard to come up with good sounds when you have GPO working for you plus some of the other sounds I used. What is the hardest is mixing them and creating a sound palate that works. It has taken me years to understand (and it still doesn't always happen) the art of mixng. It is like painting and I'm afraid I am only at the Grandma Moses ability level here compared to many others. Mine are quant at times but generally Americana in nature. I do it for fun and relaxation. Music and photography do that for me.

Rich

Very nice, Mister Rich! I like it, you old tenor-man you. Fine playing too.

Your slide show is neat. The pix are beautiful.

Thank you for posting this.

My best to you.

Larry Alexander

Thanks Larry! I am really glad that you enjoyed the show. I certainly enjoyed putting it all together.

Rich

Hi Richard,

This is a most surprising piece. I've noticed all the different libraries and software you've used, which makes the mix even more difficult, but you've managed to realise a wonderful final mixed balance. My compliments for the exquisite saxophone line too!

I enjoyed every second of it. The pictures make it even more beautiful! Congrats for them too!

Max

Thanks Max. I am glad you enjoyed the presentation both in music and photos. The pictures are ones I have taken over the past few years and I thought they would fit the piece and the message I was trying to convey.

You are right. The hardest part of any piece of music is getting a mix right so all the instruments have their own space and add to the piece and not detract. I am glad you thought that was accomplished.

Rich

Go Back to forum