• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Muse - Absolution

Muse - Absolution

sponsored links

this album kicks so much arse!!!!

Re: Muse - Absolution

I am just dissappointed I missed them when they toured not to long ago.
    And they admit their Sumphony of voices samples. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

They\'re playing playing the second day Coachella.

I\'m tempted to go just for them and The Cure.

I honestly cant believe how awesome this album is. Some of the older stuff is definitely cool, but this album is just AWESOME!

Budleigh Salterton

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    this album kicks so much arse!!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi King,

I normally wouldn\'t bother you on this, but how are they getting on? Its just that all three of them come from the little sea-side town and school that I\'m come from, and still live in. pop. 10000.

Are they doing well in America? One of their parents lives in my street and it would be nice to have some overseas information on the lads.

Sorry if this is a pain.

The New album isn\'t out here yet,

but they\'re starting to get airplay on the bigger radio statios that play \"new\" stuff in special shows/time slots (SoundCheck on Live105 is playing them alot). Considering that the DJ\'s like them, and that I\'m not the only person I know that likes them. I think they have the possibility of being extremely HUGE out here, with the new material.

I got the new album from a friend at a local radio station, and I\'m so going to buy it the day it comes out. Its been a while since a \"new\" band has hooked me really badly. Last time was Snake River Conspiracy, that was 4 or so years ago.

Quite a few of my friends really liked the older material, and while I thought there were some cool songs, the new stuff and the sound of the new CD is just fantastic IMO. The production value is much higher, the playing is fantastic, and the hooks are jsut awesome.

If they dont break into major mainstream with this album it probably wont happen unless they tone it down and try to be more like Radiohead/coldplay.

Anyhow, I think thy\'ve found a great mix of syles on this CD. Its like Radiohead, meets Dream Theater, meets Garbage.

I know they\'re doing pretty great back home [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

then again, I\'m not really ollowing whats really going on in terms of popularity. I mean I dont even get MTV2, and I dont watch MTV in the first place, not to mentiopn how little I actually listen to the radio (only when driving)... so I\'m probably REALLY late on the ball with them. I know people have been listening to the new album for months. I jsut finally got it last week. So is the life of an orchestral sample editing geek that wants to get back to his rock n roll roots.... its a slow process [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Budleigh Salterton

Many thanks for your time. Muse recently gave help to the schools\' new music rooms and showed up and played with some of the kids I believe, which I thought was good.
    God, some of Coldplay come from here too. Whats happening!

Unfortunately, I\'m from the Pink Floyd era, so any further input from me will be of no interest to your post.

But nice to meet you, and again, many thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just FYI for all:

1999 Showbiz
    2000 Showbiz [Japan release]
    2001 Origin of Symmetry
    2001 Hypermusic [Japan release] [live]
    2002 Hullabaloo Soundtrack [live]
    2003 Absolution

1998 Muse EP
    1999 Muscle Museum EP
    1999 Uno

thanks Alan!!!

Where did you get a copy? I LOVE Showbiz, but haven\'t found their new one yet...

I got it from a friend at a radio station. Its been out across the pond for a little bit now I believe.

It comes out here on Tuesday. I\'ll be running to the store to pick one up. Its called Absolution. It, IMO, blows showbiz out of the water. Production on it is great too.

They also have two other CDs out I beleive

one\'s an EP, and ones a few B-sides and live stuff I think.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast