• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GAS PRICES - Electric cars pollute WAAY more than a Mac Truck?

Share/Bookmark

GAS PRICES - Electric cars pollute WAAY more than a Mac Truck?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    ECO-FRAUDS:

Thanks for the MTBE that was forced down our throat here in CA.

Never mind it\'s pure poison and is costing the refineries here a FORTUNE to implement. What IS important is that you FEEEEEEEL better – nothing else.

HALIBURTON - CHEYNEY - GEORGE BUSH!! HALIBURTON HALIBURTON – HAAAAALIBURTON!!! - CHEYNEY - BLOOD FOR OIL - HALIBURTON!!!!

There, feel better? - save it. I just posted it for you so we don\'t have to hear it again for 900 millionth time.

Anyway, as to the topic;

I just finished project where a study on electric vehicles (vibration analysis for increased efficiency) was commissioned.

Some of you are gonna be bit surprised.

I gotta finish a big ADR - yet another re-mix, then I\'ll post the facts next week, in the meantime what do you think - DO electric vehicles pollute?

I’m collating some facts on car pool lanes (was involved in noise abatement project) – waaaaaaaaaait till you hear that info.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: GAS PRICES - Electric cars pollute WAAY more than a Mac Truck?

I look forward to hearing how they also pollute (I guess?), but meanwhile your sarcastic tone has me perplexed. What are you trying to say - that polluting the environment is great, and people who are in favor of trying to avert the crises we\'re headed toward are fraudulent? That would imply we know better, when that\'s clearly not the case.

And are you saying that the Haliburton connection wasn\'t in the mix? If so, I think that would be awfully naive.

If not, I don\'t understand whether you\'re just trying to wind people up or trying to say something I don\'t get.

Please don\'t put words in my mouth. BTW YES some officials KNEW & know RIGHT NOW that MTBE is poisonous & STILL mandate it.

One thing I AM trying to say; if you poison us WORSE - YOUR\'E FIRED!

Just some intersting FACTS coming NONE OF WHICH IS RELATED TO:

HALIBURTON - CHEYNEY - GEORGE BUSH!! HALIBURTON HALIBURTON – HAAAAALIBURTON!!! - CHEYNEY - BLOOD FOR OIL - HALIBURTON!!!!

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I was considering an electric vehicle till I found out that 80% of our electricity comes from coal and the batteries for an electric car are an ecological nightmare. This summer, my house goes solar, so maybe I\'ll haver enough extra power to charge an electric vehicle? I doubt it.

I\'m thinking about a hybrid for my next car. Are they okay?

Right now I have a gas-guzzler (16 city, 22 highway). Great car, but my next one is going to be cheaper to run (and not just the gas).

The MTBE thing is really sad. They add it to the gas during the Winter months to reduce air pollution, only to find that it pollutes the ground water. Given that most cars only leak the tiniest amount of gasoline, MTBE must be some seriously nasty stuff.

At one point California attempted to ban MTBE, but a Canadian company that produces it threatened to sue the state under the rules of NAFTA. You see, the company would lose *future profits*, and NAFTA\'s chapter 11 lets companies sue if government rulings would harm future profitability.

I had thought that California had banned it and was to fight it in court. I had no idea that the state was still requiring that garbage. It used to be that the polluter pays. Now the citizenry is held hostage by the polluter.

Regarding electric cars, I wouldn\'t be surprised that the whole-system pollution is way beyond what one would think. Batteries are nasty as are lots of the fuels for electricity. I wonder if fuel cells will be better, or even more laden with heavy metals and such?

At least here in the Pacific Northwest we get most of our electricity from hydro. It\'s no good for salmon, but it\'s clean and dependable. I think California gets most of its power from natural gas, which is way cleaner than coal and oil.

I\'m curious to see SAL\'s report. Hopefully it will take a holistic view and come up with some good recommendations. I want true green solutions, not green-washed, feel-good solutions.

One thing to consider about energy: When the oil supplies run low, and we\'ve moved to wind/thermal/solar/whatever -> electricity/hydrogen -> fuel cells -> electric motors for cars, how exactly will that fuel air travel? The thought of electric planes doesn\'t make me want to fly. Maybe the hydrogen will be burned directly. I don\'t know.

If zero emmission cars seem tough, zero emmision planes will be a hundred times harder.

I think California gets most of its power from natural gas, which is way cleaner than coal and oil.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I was under the understanding that we - like most of the world - get the vast majority of our power from nuclear fuel?

By the way, SAL, I\'m not putting words in your mouth. In fact I honestly can\'t pick up the meaning of the words that did come out of your mouth (or fingers), just the tone! That\'s why I\'m confused. It\'s all a little too subtle for me!

Actually Nick is the closest to this on two key points:

1. Coal (plus fossil fuel) for electricity.

2. And Solar (placed locally).

I want to do this as well & put ‘em on my roof. Why are shingles still made out of ANYTHING other than conductive materials? ONLY conductive shingles - Now THAT should be mandated.

In the meantime, I’m still mixing - & oh MAN,DO I HATE ADR - even with Vocalign its chop chop chop chop chop [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

PLUS - I\'m simultaneously trying to figure out the stack of papers and how to succinctly post these ECar findings (white paper - who knows). I WAS going to BUY one of these cars until I learned the truth.

I\'ll post the stuff ASAP.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Here in the Pacific Northwest we use the most electricity in the winter when the sun is low and the rain is high, so solar doesn\'t work well here. I\'m not too far from the Columbia River Gorge, so a windmill is the better bet. I wonder how my neigbors will react when I install a 50 foot high bird chopper!

BTW, I hear that solar cells are most efficient in sunny, cool climates. The Southwest gets lots of sun, but lots of heat too. I wonder if my friends who live east of the Cascade Mountain Range will be in the energy buisiness some day.

Best of luck with the ADR. Your white paper sounds like it will be a good read.

I don\'t know about solar in Eastern WA, but they do have one of the largest wind power setups in the world down by Walla Walla. It\'s quite an impressive sight...giant white windmills all along the horizon for miles and miles. Pretty cool stuff.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast