• Register
  • Help

Topic: Project Domenico Cimarosa - arrangements for flute of 16 piano sonatas

Share/Bookmark

Project Domenico Cimarosa - arrangements for flute of 16 piano sonatas

Just listen.

Pity, no GPO instruments involved, except for the Encore, already posted (that Adagio for Flute by Mozart) a few weeks earlier. For extra information let this video play on Youtube.

Raymond

Re: Project Domenico Cimarosa - arrangements for flute of 16 piano sonatas

As I started listening I planned to tell you that I liked most the second one. By the time I got to the end I could not make a favored one, I loved them all. Confess Pater Raymond, I did not even know Cimarosa. Shame on me.
    What a perfect job you have done! I just love your instruments, the way you handled them...
    Just great, congratulation.

Ted

Hi Raymond,

I can't but agree with Ted: You did a terrific job. It is a fantastic project making these wonderful little sonata's to your own by adding the extra touch and vision. Honestly, I couldn't pick one out as my favourite, I simply love them all. As a flute player, they are so pleasing and coddling my ears. I would have loved to play them (in my younger years of course). The ones with strings are so fit for the stages and small concert halls, but the keyboard ones are absolutely concert worthy as well.

If you would ask me to prefer one, I probably would choose nr. 11. That one displays a very convincing flute technique (in the use of samples of course). It is hard to tell the difference with a real flute, you could have deluded me if I didn't know.

Raymond, I enjoyed every second of your immense performance. Thanks for sharing these marvels with us!
    Max

Hi Raymond.

I'm homeopathically tasting these gems,
    hence the time it took me to answer and comment.

Thank you for giving exposure to the work
    of this Italian master.

All the best
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum