• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Beautiful Sorrow (GPO5)

Share/Bookmark

Beautiful Sorrow (GPO5)

https://soundcloud.com/savetara/beautiful-sorrow

This is a composition of mine that was composed using only GPO5 including the reverb as well.

- Flute
    - Intimate D Piano
    - Cellos (Garritan Orchestral Strings)
    - 22 Violins (Garritan Orchestral Strings)
    - Children Choir

Regards,

Richard

Re: Beautiful Sorrow (GPO5)

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/savetara/beautiful-sorrow

This is a composition of mine that was composed using only GPO5 including the reverb as well.

- Flute
    - Intimate D Piano
    - Cellos (Garritan Orchestral Strings)
    - 22 Violins (Garritan Orchestral Strings)
    - Children Choir

Regards,

Richard

Very well done. What DAW did you use?

Tom

Thanks for listening Tom! I'm still with Sonar 8.5. I have X3, but I just can't get my grasp around the new midi editing. I can't play the midi keyboard and have to draw each note in PRV. Sonar 8.5 makes this process much easier.

Regards,

Richard

Brilliant. I can notice the release is missing, will it be possible to apply reverb at the end of the release note?

Thanks for listening Vicky! The reverb won't do much for the missing release unfortunately... You will get that instant stop no matter what you do... I really hope that Garritan is watching this forum and understands how important it is to add release and attack to the instruments. There is a reason why every other library on the market has attack and release options for instruments... This was a very poor decision on their behalf not to include it, and I really do hope that they fix it.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by vickylahkarbytes View Post
    Brilliant. I can notice the release is missing, will it be possible to apply reverb at the end of the release note?

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Thanks for listening Vicky! The reverb won't do much for the missing release unfortunately... You will get that instant stop no matter what you do... I really hope that Garritan is watching this forum and understands how important it is to add release and attack to the instruments. There is a reason why every other library on the market has attack and release options for instruments... This was a very poor decision on their behalf not to include it, and I really do hope that they fix it.

Regards,

Richard
    Hello Richard,
    Regarding the attack and release functionality in GPO, I have enquired at the Garritan Facebook page here = https://mobile.facebook.com/comment/...51681896725087

I was told that using the MIDI keys of modulation wheel assigning it to the MIDI controller along with the Length control and reverb, the same functionalty of attack and release can be obtained.
    I tried and it works. The only thing is that you have to record it in the DAW.

Hello my fellow Hungarian:
    It is very nice what you wrote, and it also sounds nice.
    Of course Vicky is right, with CC1 (or 11) you could do what you wish. You are using PRV, how come you are not drawing CC1 data on the bottom on the page? The velocity of each note is showing up, adjusting it will control attack, while with CC1, you can adjust release easy. Of course, it requires work, and it would be work involved even if GOP would have distinct controls for attack and release. So, try it, you will see it works.
    (Oh joy, the Forum is back, I was desperate!!)
    Thanks for posting it, again, enjoyed it.
    Ted

Thanks Vicky and Ted my Hungarian friend! I know cc1 is the mod wheel, cc7 is volume, and cc11 is for expression. The attack I am familiar with in regards to volume, but I have no I idea how to make it release besides using that pedal next to the piano in GPO5. However, the pedal is way too long of a release, and when you turn it off it just instantly cuts the release rather than fading out like the release controllers in Aria. As a side note, I generally don't use the cc controllers in a lot of my compositions given the type of music I'm trying to get. I only use them in my symphonic pieces. I am also glad the forum is back up. I like this forum and it's good to be back into the Garritan Products. I have been using GPO5 quite a bit.

Thanks for listening to the piece guys,

Richard

Hello,

I listened to your composition, it would indeed benefit from a lot of tender dynamics and perhaps a little variation in the piano. It is otherwise lovely as it unfolds and softly sets the mood for a bittersweet moment I always love this kind of stuff in TV and movies, when the whole cinematography has been nailed with similar music, camerawork, actors etc. It is really quite rare and your track would suit very well for this.
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Hello Richard,
    Just as I was going through the Garritan Instant Orchestra, I found out that it does HAVE the attack and release keys, and they work quite well just like the other libraries.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast