• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO5 is here

Share/Bookmark

GPO5 is here

The previous thread is by now too long. We will have some questions, solutions, and, hopefully great works with it. I thought it would be nice to have it in a new thread.
    To start off, I have a question: Did anyone found the Manual for GPO5? I found the Aria Manual, but not the GPO5.
    Also, I was reading somewhere that some of the samples have now controllable vibrato. I can not see it so far...

Ted

Re: GPO5 is here

Hi Ted.

GPO5 manual is available as web pages form here: http://www.garritan.com/UserManuals/...t/Contents.htm

I've heard somewhere is also available as html file within the GPO5 download.

Hope it helps.

But, then, how does GPO5 sounds?
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

The manual is available as html files within the "help" library.
    Just open Program Files / Garritan / Personal Orchestra 5 / Help / GPO5, and double click GPO5.htm.

So far quite a few of the woodwind and brass (NV) have controllable vibrato, but it seems to be sadly lacking, so far as I've explored, within the strings.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by SysExJohn View Post
    The manual is available as html files within the "help" library.
    Just open Program Files / Garritan / Personal Orchestra 5 / Help / GPO5, and double click GPO5.htm.

So far quite a few of the woodwind and brass (NV) have controllable vibrato, but it seems to be sadly lacking, so far as I've explored, within the strings.
    That's because the controlled vibrato is synthetic. It's not the actual recording of the vibrato being played by a player. It's all artificially done via the Aria player like the portamento. They just added the Aria controller that effects vibrato (similar to Kontakt) to it. I think they made the vibrato just fine myself for an emulation, but in order to get the real controlled vibrato they would have to record everything from scratch. So, IMO, it's best to use everything that was recorded naturally between the patches.

Regards,

Richard

Cool Re: GPO5 is here

Downloaded my upgrade this morning, installed and gave it a quick spin. This is going to be REALLY nice! There are new pianos which sound really great, a bunch of new strings from the GOS collection with all kinds of different articulations, big sounding SAM brass, some really cool choir voices (check out the kids' choir!), and a bunch of other stuff. New organ interface is cool too. But the icing on the cake is the change to the Aria player, with a patch browser-type menu, making it extremely easy to audition sounds and find the right one. It's as easy as scrolling through patches on a hardware synth! Nice convolution reverb samples as well. Everything I liked about GPO4 is still there too. Like GPO4 on steroids!
    VERY VERY glad I upgraded!

Jim

Going to be picking up GPO5 shortly, but a question... does GPO5 overwrite anything in GPO4, or are all the old GPO4 sounds still available for use without issues?
    -- Matt Wong

Quote Originally Posted by Silh View Post
    Going to be picking up GPO5 shortly, but a question... does GPO5 overwrite anything in GPO4, or are all the old GPO4 sounds still available for use without issues?
    The GPO4 sounds are all still there, nothing overwritten. And very easy to see, using the new Aria player changes.

Jim

Sounds good, thanks.
    -- Matt Wong

Currently on my fifth attempt to download it. Once I got a checksum failure on one of the files in the download, the other times the entire download failed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    Currently on my fifth attempt to download it. Once I got a checksum failure on one of the files in the download, the other times the entire download failed.
    You're not using wireless, are you?

Go Back to forum