• Register
  • Help

Topic: You like Monsters? HP Lovecraft? Buffy?

Share/Bookmark

You like Monsters? HP Lovecraft? Buffy?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Do You like Monsters? HP Lovecraft? Raiders of the Lost Ark? Buffy/Angel? Ghostbusters? Giand Squid Monsters from space?

Then go see HELLBOY this weekend!

even for people not familliar with the comic book, its a lot of fun and has a lot of heart...and a nice score.

Re: You like Monsters? HP Lovecraft? Buffy?

I thought it was ok....

Perlman was perfect, and I\'d kinda expected that.

The scene where Rasputan \"re-ignites\" Liz\'s episodes was AWESOME.

but some of it, overall was convoluted and boring.

and the score was.....pretty boring...especially with that lame title sequence. The only \"newpaper clippings\" intro I ever truly loved was \"To Die For\", that was with a great idea for score too.

SecondPost

I thought the film was very entertaining. In a better world, all of our cheezy Hollywood popcorn blockbuster films would be like Hellboy. And the score was nice, I thought, especially the \"sad theme\" that seemed played when there was an emotional scene. I remember it reminded me of a classical piece, maybe by Ravel, but I couldn\'t place what it was while watching the film. It wasn\'t a great film by any means, but it certainly wasn\'t one of those painful to watch sort of movies (like, say, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

I agree. We went to see it last weekend, and it was very entertaining all around.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum