• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA Player - Unreleased version

Share/Bookmark

ARIA Player - Unreleased version

I downloaded the latest GPO 5. Looking at the Settings I see:

ARIA player & engine version 1.860 and clicking on Player Update & Engine Update the message "You have an inreleased version" appears. What is that ?

Raymond

Re: ARIA Player - Unreleased version

Just to chime in, I don't know what it is, either. However, a good friend of mine is also reporting it.

David
    ------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

A few months ago I had to reload all my Garritan software. I got the same message repeatedly. Then I did a re-load of the original ARIA engine using my product key, then did an upgrade oif the latest version and everything has gone well since.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    A few months ago I had to reload all my Garritan software. I got the same message repeatedly. Then I did a re-load of the original ARIA engine using my product key, then did an upgrade oif the latest version and everything has gone well since.

Tom
    I used to have that message ever since I received a newer version directly from Garritan which was not indeed released at the time. The unreleased version was 1.846. Then ther other day when I clicked on Update Player in setting, it says a new version of 1.860 is available, but the web page it opens shows the current version 1.846. I wrote to Garritan. Maybe they will send me another "unreleased" version of Aria Player 1.860...............

It seems to me (i.e. just my opinion) that version 1.860 is the new ARIA player for GPO5.
    It hasn't yet been released as the general version to be used for all the other libraries e.g. GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, etc., and so is "unreleased".

However, ... when I checked over at the Plogue site I found that they have just released a new version of the ARIA "engine" (that is NOT the player itself) with a version number of 1.870. I've downloaded it but haven't installed it yet.

Has anyone else discovered all the unimplemented instruments yet?

I.e.
    02 Brass/03 Trombones/SAM Bass Trombone Solo KS
    02 Brass/03 Trombones/SAM Trombone Solo KS
    02 Brass/03 Trombones/SAM Trombone Section KS
    02 Brass/04 Tubas/SAM Tuba Solo KS

03 Percussion/Bass Drum Aggressive
    03 Percussion/Cymbals Extras
    03 Percussion/Percussion Toys 2

04 Harps/Chromatic Harp 1 Lite
    04 Harps/Chromatic Harp 2 Lite

05 Keyboards/Steinway Piano Duo1
    05 Keyboards/Steinway Piano Duo2
    05 Keyboards/Steinway Piano Lite

07 Full Choir/Full Choir Lite KS

They're there in the master XML file(s) (Standard and notation) and, as far as I've searched so far, also with SFZ files and samples.

So, one presumes, there's a bit more to be released before too long. (however long that is.) ;-)

John.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Go Back to forum