• Register
  • Help

Topic: ...and the winner is... Ennio Morricone!

Share/Bookmark

Red face ...and the winner is... Ennio Morricone!

Dedicated to the old good master, and his late, but appreciated recognition

Gabriel's Oboe

(VSL, SampleModeling, Garritan)

Re: ...and the winner is... Ennio Morricone!

Yesssss!

Ever since I have The Mission, I am nuts about Morricone, the classical-modern great composer. He made that movie a beauty, without his music it would be just a movie, with it it is the greatest I ever viewed.
    That recognition He got now is well deserved and late....
    ( I thought the composers row ended with Mahler..., until I heard Morricone.)
    Ted

Cool Re: ...and the winner is... Ennio Morricone!

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Yesssss!

Ever since I have The Mission, I am nuts about Morricone, the classical-modern great composer. He made that movie a beauty, without his music it would be just a movie, with it it is the greatest I ever viewed.
    That recognition He got now is well deserved and late....
    ( I thought the composers row ended with Mahler..., until I heard Morricone.)
    Ted
    Yesssss again. Can't agree more.

Hi Fabio,

Indeed, Morricone is great. And old, and still on tour in my country, conducting his masterpieces. Unfortunately, all the concerts are sold out...

Great oboe piece!
    Max

Beautiful piece, Fabio. A very pungent, almost trumpet-like oboe. I am aware that there are two oboe styles, French and German. I have always associated this type with the German style, with the French being more delicate and thin. Since it's a VSL oboe, I would assume this is the German oboe. But I could be wrong (too much book learning, not enough real-world experience). In any case, I enjoyed it very much. It's very peaceful and elegant, with a strong Baroque aura.

Go Back to forum