• Register
  • Help

Topic: A New Journey Begins (GPO5)

Share/Bookmark

A New Journey Begins (GPO5)

https://soundcloud.com/savetara/a-new-journey-begins

Here's another video game based composition I created for some fun. All of it was composed using Garritan Personal Orchestra 5. As I mentioned in a previous post, I finally got a contract to compose music for a company. I will be making asset albums for Game DEVS. So the format of my music is going to be a bit different. I am sticking to the SNES days but using the high quality instruments of today. The SNES years of gaming music is personally my favourite. So, the idea is sequencing, loops, and then that fade out at the end of the composition. The idea is melodies and scene music, both compositions and short ques to match a video game's scene.

Since the developers of GPO5 said they will be adding in the attack and release controls which I will need, I will be making good use out of GPO5 because it has that nice game touch to it. I used a lot of GPO 4 in my game project LOE's soundtrack but eventually stopped because of that while no attack and release thing. GPO5 is a great upgrade, and I love all of the new content. It's the most complete library I own. I know this Intimate D piano is gonna be my main piano in *ALL* of my music once they get that attack and release controllers in. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy listening to the composition.

Libraries Used: ALL GPO5!

- Intimate D Piano
    - English Horn
    - Solo Cello 3
    - Full Strings Long Gentle

Regards,

Richard

Re: A New Journey Begins (GPO5)

Nice work!! Garritan finally agreed to put the attack release button?

Thanks for listening to the composition, Vicky! Yeah, they saw the requests about it in the threads in the discussion section. A rep from them said that it shouldn't be a problem to add them in a future update to all instruments. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by vickylahkarbytes View Post
    Nice work!! Garritan finally agreed to put the attack release button?

Great man!

Hi Richard,

I'm glad to see you back in business, and with a very good piece of craftsmanship. Glad also that you finally got that contract. It will give you more than enough reason to keep up the good work!

Indeed, the release (mainly the oboe) is poor. Hopefully you find the ideal workaround to deal with that matter.

Thanks for sharing,
    Max

Thanks Max!

Regards,

Richard

Thanks for the share, Viky. I downloaded and installed, but they still haven't added the attack and release controllers. Maybe next update.

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Thanks for the share, Viky. I downloaded and installed, but they still haven't added the attack and release controllers. Maybe next update.
    They say in the press release that they've put the stereo stage controls in all the new brass instruments.

NOT in the copy I downloaded yesterday morning (UK time).

Anybody else see them?

As far as I can see all they've updated is the ARIA player, everything else is identical compared to my backup.

???
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

I just did a quick check. The new choirs don't have the stereo stage controller. The Garritan Orchestral strings I tested out don't have it either...

Go Back to forum