• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

    Y'all All,

    This is my march-like piece called "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare".

    I am posting too much on the forum. I won't post again until a lot of time has passed.

    Best regards,

    Larry Alexander

  2. #2

    Re: "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

    Hi playful master Larry,

    One can never post too much (certainly not at our age). Waiting a long time is waisting time...

    What exactly did you have in mind when writing this piece? It sounds to me like an almost frightening theme for a dark, haunting animations movie (with a teddy bear?). But underneath the easy main theme appear a lot of functional details which make the whole to what it is: an at first sight (hearing) popular tune with a dramatic undertone. Again one of your stunning fantasy pieces with a skilful craftsmanship and detailed musical knowledge, with a sense of drama, even in little tunes like this one.

    Max

  3. #3

    Re: "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi playful master Larry,

    One can never post too much (certainly not at our age). Waiting a long time is waisting time...

    What exactly did you have in mind when writing this piece? It sounds to me like an almost frightening theme for a dark, haunting animations movie (with a teddy bear?). But underneath the easy main theme appear a lot of functional details which make the whole to what it is: an at first sight (hearing) popular tune with a dramatic undertone. Again one of your stunning fantasy pieces with a skilful craftsmanship and detailed musical knowledge, with a sense of drama, even in little tunes like this one.

    Max
    I really don't give a lot of thought as to what I wish to say with this composition or that work or any other musical creation, Mister Max. I just...write.

    With this particular tune, I had a weird mental picture of Teddy bears marching and then started writing.

    Thanks for taking the time to listen.

    Best,

    Larry Alexander

  4. #4
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

    Hey! Where's everyone been?

    Hi Larry,

    I enjoyed your Teddy Bear Nightmare. Quite an interesting arrangement of instruments and composition. I could imagine this combined with visuals as a child's nightmare or anyone's. Sort of like The Sorcerer's Apprentice.


    Phil

  5. #5

    Re: "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

    Keep posting LARRY! That's what this community is about, sharing your stuff! Good work! It had a nice marching theme to it, I like it.

    You're frozen Canadian friend,

    Richard

  6. #6

    Re: "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

    Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Keep posting LARRY! That's what this community is about, sharing your stuff! Good work! It had a nice marching theme to it, I like it.

    You're frozen Canadian friend,

    Richard
    Where did this one come from? I thought that it had passed into cyberspace long ago.

    Thank you for taking the time to listen, Canada friend, eh.

    Best regards.

    Larry Alexander

  7. #7

    Re: "The Teddy Bears' Nightmare"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hey! Where's everyone been?

    Hi Larry,

    I enjoyed your Teddy Bears' Nightmare. Quite an interesting arrangement of instruments and composition. I could imagine this combined with visuals as a child's nightmare or anyone's. Sort of like The Sorcerer's Apprentice.


    Phil
    Thank you, my friend Mister Phil. It is always good to hear from you.

    Best,

    Larry

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •