• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Some of my organ works...

Share/Bookmark

Some of my organ works...

Fellow Music Creators,

Here are some of my works for pipe organ. The instrument is from the Garritan sample library.

"Organ Showcase Number Sixteen"

"Organza"

"Organ Number Forty-Three"

"Organized"

"Organ Number Fifty-Four"

Best regards to everybody.

Larry Alexander

Re: Some of my organ works...

What a bundle of energy you are, Mister Larry! You have to be NS's most prolific composer. This is my first taste of your organ music. I've enjoyed your string and piano writing, now I can add this wonderful music to the list. I think I may like your organ music best, as the instrument allows you maximum freedom to follow your Baroque instincts, which are very well-developed. Very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    What a bundle of energy you are, Mister Larry! You have to be NS's most prolific composer. This is my first taste of your organ music. I've enjoyed your string and piano writing, now I can add this wonderful music to the list. I think I may like your organ music best, as the instrument allows you maximum freedom to follow your Baroque instincts, which are very well-developed. Very impressive!
    Not bad for an old geezer, I suppose.

Thanks for having a listen, Mister Michael. You are a talented young man and I appreciate your input.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Not bad for an old geezer, I suppose.

Thanks for having a listen, Mister Michael. You are a talented young man and I appreciate your input.

Best,

Larry Alexander
    Ah, so good to be young...or at least thought to be young (I'm 64).

Ah, so good to be young...or at least thought to be young (I'm 64).
    Compared to me, you ARE young. I am 82!

Holy Bangor and Kennebunkport too! NOBODY is THAT old!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Compared to me, you ARE young. I am 82!

Holy Bangor and Kennebunkport too! NOBODY is THAT old!

Larry
    My back feels like it's already at least 80. But I do have occasional relief when the sciatica takes over.

My back feels like it's already at least 80. But I do have occasional relief when the sciatica takes over.
    ...and it's a good thing that your bad headache makes you not notice the sciatica. OW!

Sorry to hear about your health problems Mister Mikey. I hope things are real better real soon.

Best regards,

Larry

Hi old chap (?)

As Michael said, you know how to keep us surprised. This time all kinds of organ sounds and registers, different kinds of constructions (some very well 'organised'). All kinds of surprising turns, sticky tunes, delightful harmonies... We say that the organ is the emperor of the instruments. You did truly honour the his majesty!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi old chap (?)

As Michael said, you know how to keep us surprised. This time all kinds of organ sounds and registers, different kinds of constructions (some very well 'organised'). All kinds of surprising turns, sticky tunes, delightful harmonies... We say that the organ is the emperor of the instruments. You did truly honour the his majesty!

Max
    ...and hello right back to you, young chap.

I appreciate all of the descriptive terms but I don't know what "sticky tunes" are, I must confess.

Thanks for having a listen and for commenting.

Best,

Larry

I am very late to comment on you organ works. Why I was not responding your post is because I would have repeated myself, mentioning JSB, your inventive mind, clever mini-fugues, etc.
    What prompted me now to write is your admitted age of 80. Kiddo, I will be in 7 days 89, so, there are older people around, and as you know, experiencing 80, we are not gaga yet. people like you, who can churn out such brilliant music like you do, we are simply more matured, dignified, respected, loved, full of knowledge, understanding, etc. etc.
    At least, foolishly I think so....
    I like your last one most...

Ted

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast