• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Springmelt

Share/Bookmark

Springmelt

Re: Springmelt

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Smalz? Not so - one can almost feel the rain drops and see the spring grass growing. No smalz here.

Tom

Very nice! Pretty oboe and harp work. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Your title is misspelled on the Box site. ("Sprigmelt")

Best,

Larry Alexander

Very good work, felt very nice after hearing it. Was it composed at one go or did you write it first?

Very nice, Ted.
    I can listen to it just through built-in computer speakers
    so the harp sounds a bit loud in the mix even if I see
    it's the leading voice of the bounce.
    The strings sounds pretty good, both in writing and tone,
    a very leap forward from GPO4 on this side.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Very nice, indeed. Sunday evening at 23:04 hrs (overhere) a very relaxing piece. GPO 5 sounds much, much better than GPO 4. Good work.

Raymond

Got back to Canada, and was busy with the medical professionals, hence my late to thank all of you who listened. I honestly do not think it is my best, but listening again, I realized how right you are Fabio, s, winning over my lazy nature I have redone this piece to try for a better balance and better placement of instruments. So, if you willing to suffer through again, here it is, only to correct the obvious faults and to hopefully better next time...

https://app.box.com/s/1tax3c13e1wp6nvuoce1fslzo0j1jh6c

Hi there Ted, I finally got to listen to this. Was having problems with my new browser, Vivaldi. (Yes, there is a browser names Vivaldi). Finally had to use my other Linux browser, Opera (there is also a browser names Opera). Vivaldi would only let me download, but not play. (Have to have a word with old Antonio). Anyway, what a lovely oboe! A very restful piece, enjoyed it very much.

We had a bonus Spring Melt last week, as a full-blown Winter storm assailed us. My wife, who plans her appointments with an eye to avoiding driving in the snow, felt that the universe must be against her, as a 4 inch snowstorm, complete with a stinging north wind; the snow plows out creating havoc, blocking our driveway, etc., was served up just when we thought we were safely out of the woods. And, of course, she had an appointment that day...

I had wanted to listen to this piece in the proper season, to get the full effect, and this freak storm at least did some good in that it catapulted me back into Winter just long enough to appreciate the relief, and promise of better things to come, which your piece so perfectly captured.

You are living in Main or at the North Pole? This is happening because of the Global Warming, also known now as Climate Change. I sometime mention that Greenland was called by the Vikings green for a good reason ( it was green ) and as far as I know there were no polluting cars at that time. It is still white now..
    Thanks for listening and commenting. The trees are budding, my robins are busy messing up my house with their nests, the geese are honking and the frogs started the evening concerts and my Wife is planting, digging making me furious that with my knees I can not help any more ( she is 81 to my 88.)

Thanks again and I hope you are going to warm up soon.

Ted

Dear Ted,

I hope you're spending less of your precious time haunting physicians than the past weeks.

Anyway. This one just to inform you that I recently learned that around 1870 Hungarian poet Sándor Petöfi
    went very popular in Italian literary-patriotic circles.

Then, I will listen to Springmelt new mix as soon as my audio card is back from repair — built in speakers are awful.

All the best
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast