• Register
  • Help

Topic: Missing Sound Samples - GOP5

Share/Bookmark

Missing Sound Samples - GOP5

Hi there,

I've purchased my GPO5 upgrade. Everything is working fine so far. However, there are some samples which are not appearing in my sample bank. For instance, in the Choir section, (as per review on youtube) there are Boys Choir, Children Choir and other samples in the choir section. At the moment, there's only the Full Choir lite sample (from GPO4).

Did I install incorrectly or missed anything?

Thank you in advance!

Etokudub

Re: Missing Sound Samples - GOP5

Quote Originally Posted by etokudub View Post
    Hi there,

I've purchased my GPO5 upgrade. Everything is working fine so far. However, there are some samples which are not appearing in my sample bank. For instance, in the Choir section, (as per review on youtube) there are Boys Choir, Children Choir and other samples in the choir section. At the moment, there's only the Full Choir lite sample (from GPO4).

Did I install incorrectly or missed anything?

Thank you in advance!

Etokudub
    When you open GPO and click on settings, what version of GPO (4 or 5) is listed in the lower left hand of the screen and if GPO5, what version? Are you using GPO in Finale 2014?

Tom

Also, take a look at which version of Aria and aria engine you are running?
    Ted

Well, you shouldn't have the choir lite in GPO5, you should have (under 09 Choir) 01 Sopranos, 02 Altos, 03 Tenors and 04 Basses, followed by 05 Boys Choir, 06 Children's Choir and 07 Full Choir.

Maybe what you did was to install GPO5 in the same place as GPO4.
    Whereas, it needs to be in a separate directory under C:\Program Files\Garritan\.
    You should see two directories 'Personal Orchestra 4' and 'Personal Orchestra 5'.

If you've attempted to install 5 over the top of 4 then you may have to uninstall both and reinstall them again.

Just a guess.
    John.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thanks for the replies!

I've looked through my sample list and it definitely is still using the GPO4 samples. I am using a mac Book pro laptop and the version of Aria player and engine is 1.872. It says its the latest version when I tries to update it.

After installing GPO5, I no longer have the icon for GPO4 on my computer, so it might be that I've installed over GPO4 (although there's a folder in the application folder as 'Garritan Personal Orchestra 4' and another as 'Garritan ARIA Player')

There's also a folder in the 'shared' folder that has all the samples of GPO5, but I just don't know how to get it into the player to use.

Btw, I use GPO as a vst instrument in Cubase.

I will try to uninstall the program and then start allover again. Thank you your suggestions and comments!

Kind regards

etokudub

SysExJohn, I've uninstalled and re-installed both GPO4 and GPO5. I've got all the sounds showing now and have started using them!

Thanks for the suggestions and advice everyone!

Kind regards

Go Back to forum