• Register
  • Help

Topic: Green Caprice

Share/Bookmark

Green Caprice

Well, my latest experiment. Not overly difficult at the start, but it gets whipped up as it progresses. The name derives from the re-cycling. After a bit of tweaking, the score will be available for view.

Green Caprice

Re: Green Caprice

Wow, this is quite amazing, Richard. Rather like progressive jazz on steroids. It goes in some interesting and pleasing directions. somehow I think it might be more accessible than other works of yours I have heard. I think it also has greater integrity, as well as melodic interest. I would really enjoy watching it performed. Presumably there would be a sweat-wiper as well as page turner? Great ending! After the frantic activity, sudden calm. Perfect.

Well, thanks, Michael. This is another of my Minerva compositions - born full grown grown. It just jumped out at me and demanded to be written, so I wrote it. Lots of editing required, naturally, but it all went easily. I don't know why. I wish I could do this more often!!

Actually, I am on stereoids, inhaled for asthma control. It certainly helps breathing, ended shortness of breath, makes sleep more restful, greatly relieves coughing, etc. I don't know how long I will continue the regimen, but for as short a period as is possible. Considering my age, that could well be a short period.

Richard

I hear you Richard about the steroids. A few years ago I had an abscessed tooth, and the dentist put me on a steroid of all things. It did get control of the swelling, but what was really amazing was its effect on my allergies. My sinuses never felt so clear. But unfortunately, yes short term use seems to be the only safe way to use them.

Well, I have been using the steroid inhaler for about two months. Results are fantastic. Expensive, but my insurance is quite good, and pays for nearly the entire cost. For my eye treatment, at about $1200.00 per month, all is paid. I don't know how people without good medical coverage survive. In my case I would probably be on the verge of blindness and be continuously short of breath or worse. One of the smartest moves of my life was establishing a decent pension and health care for life, starting at age 20.

I hope to discontinue the steroid inhaler in about a month.

Meantime, since I am getting such a good supply of oxygen, and my brain seems to be up to speed again.

Green Caprice has been renamed. It was only a temporary name, since the first name would have been offensive to many people. It is now called Capricious Caprice Nr 1. Nr 2 is nearly finished, and number 3 is shaping up rapidly. Days are too short for me to do all that I want, and my pianistic skills are suffering.

Richard

Go Back to forum