• Register
  • Help

Topic: game soundtrack reviews?

Share/Bookmark

game soundtrack reviews?

Do you know of any places where I can read about rviews of soundtracks for games? To see which of them are worth to hunt, etc...

I had an amazingly pleasant surprise with \"Outcast\"´s soundtrack and made me think I´m probably missing very good stuff out there.

Re: game soundtrack reviews?

There are a couple...but my favourite is

http://www.music4games.net/

Plenty of good stuff there, and up to date news from the field..

Outcast is also my personal favourite game soundtrack, Lennie Moore who wrote it used to be on this board, don\'t know if he\'s still around. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex

Thanks for the link Alex. Bookmarked and rebookmarked.

And if Lennie Moore is still around this would be a good moment to thank him for such a stunning job. That soundtrack gave me a lot of wonderful moments.

If he´s not around...uh...this would be a good moment to stop writing this reply [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Netvudu:
    If he´s not around...uh...this would be a good moment to stop writing this reply [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL!

Alex

Originally posted by lex:
    There are a couple...but my favourite is

http://www.music4games.net/
    Plenty of good stuff there, and up to date news from the field..
    Outcast is also my personal favourite game soundtrack, Lennie Moore who wrote it used to be on this board, don\'t know if he\'s still around. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Music4games is a great site. Matterof fact there is a current interview of myself there right now! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    http://www.music4games.net/f_americasarmy.html

I have met Lennie Moore a few times at GANG meetings. Nice guy. I just sent EMail to Lennie inviting him to come and chat, so if you are lurking Lennie, join in. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Outcast is indeed the best game score ever composed. My second all time favorite is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Yeah, it\'s midi based but creates a PERFECT adventurous mood for the game.

Music4games rocks and that\'s a great interview, Doyle!

Thanks for all the wonderful props, everyone. Yes, I\'m still alive yet haven\'t been to this site in awhile. I appreciate your support and thanks to Doyle for sending me a wakeup call.

Currently, I\'m working on War of the Ring for Vivendi Universal Games and will be in a cave for three more weeks completing that score. This one is using a few of my own main themes plus Chance Thomas wrote the Franchise themes for all 5 VUG products coming out so I\'m incorporating them into this score along with mine. It\'s been a wonderful collaboration and Chance did some great work.

Gotta get back to it. Best regards to all.

ooohh, the man himself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ok, I just revealed I´m nothing but a noob [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

\"War of the Ring\" uh? We´ll have to keep an eye (or better an ear) when that one shows.

As for the interview I agree. That´s pretty cool Doyle. It´s interesting and fun reading other artists points of view.

Go Back to forum