• Register
  • Help

Topic: Updating the old Wing Commander theme (QLSO)

Share/Bookmark

Updating the old Wing Commander theme (QLSO)

www.davidgovett.com/wingcommander

This is still a work in progress. I\'ve done all I can on it until I get back from LA in a couple weeks. The march and the slow part are not hooked together yet so there is a small pause between them.
    Dave

Later
    Dave

Re: Updating the old Wing Commander theme (QLSO)

nice! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    this was the first game music i heard through a hi-fi system! and the real voices hehe. great game
    It seemed to sound so damn good back then. Don\'t know where are we going to get in computer audio [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It sounds really good except the trumpet from 42\" on, it sounds too fake compared to the rest of instruments imho

what a fantastic initiative!

Sounds very nice though I can tell why you say it still needs work at parts.

And yep, great game.

Very nice Dave!

Now how about updating Wing Commander 3 and/or Wing 4?

:-)

Ed

Cool.

I know its not yours (I think), but I\'d be interested in hearing \"Regular Combat\".

Fond memories of WC1. The amiga/CD32 versions were my first proper industry job...

It sounds ok, but it\'s too dry. It sounds more like high quality orchestral samples on a computer, rather than an orchestra that sounds \"real\" with the concert ambience, and depth. Also, those trumpets are scary sounding. (not good). Just wait for SAM Trumpets. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Nice attempt though.

Jared

I\'m not done with it yet and that is only one mic position so the ambience will improve and I still have to work on some articulation. This is still in sketch and composition mode but I like the results with this kind of speed. Thomas helped me with a good techique to smooth out the brass and get the french horns to have more attack with out being so brutal. (right now I layered portato with staccato but instead I\'ll try portato and sustain. )

Anyway, we have the rights to all the WC 1 music and will be updating it including some of the combat stuff. When I get back, I\'ll work on this tune some more, re-post it and ask for some feedback and perspective and try to implement it. This will be very helpfull.
    Enjoying L.A.!
    Thanks
    Dave

Awesome! I cannot wait to hear more.

Go Back to forum