• Register
  • Help

Topic: Track reviews

Share/Bookmark

Track reviews

Hey guys, just arrived here not too long ago, and was wondering if it\'s ok for me to post some of my tracks here for review?
    If so, I have one thats near completion, and would really appreciate some feedback.

www.lindenstudios.net Its the Brooding link on the front.

If it\'s not really allowed around here, then let me know....but thanks a lot!

Re: Track reviews

by the way...The reason I posted this in \'Game Audio\' is because I\'m aiming my music towards that genre....that and film.

Thanks again

Hey, Jesse
    I checked out a couple of your samples - Brooding, and Magical Night.

Very elegantly composed. My only criticism would be to say that they both seem to lack a tightness in tempo (beats are slightly off). Could this be a processor speed issue when you create the recording? Because it seems you definitely have the musical ability to be able to recognize an errant beat.

Magical Night was right on with its title. It needs an ending!

Brooding took me back to my gleeful days spent absorbed in many Final Fantasy games. Since you are looking for feedback - it seems to lack some energy - perhaps the tempo can come up just a few ticks, give the instruments a bit more punch to get the blood flowing and wondering just what someone could be plotting to this music. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Your music could easily be applied to a great game and sound quite excellent. You also have a GREAT grasp of mood.

Your instruments are beautiful. Could you cite your software and/or orchestral samples?

Thanks, I\'ll be browsing through your other music later. Take care! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot for responding...

I use Fruityloops and just basic orchestral VSTs currently.

I\'m planning on upgrading to get Giga Studios, along with Garritan\'s orchestral kit and Sam\'s Trio bundle when it comes out, and use Cuebase as a sequencer.....but for right now I\'m stuck with a pretty basic setup, along with basicly no hardware except for a single casio keyboard to use as acontroller.

My timing issues are deffinitely something I have to work on, mainly its due to the fact that I play everything realtime in fruity, and its taken a lot of effort to get everything in order. Brooding I was very meticulous about trying to get the timing correct, but still in certain areas, it\'s a bit off.
    I\'m hoping to remedy that when I move onto Cuebase, and learn to do a bit more click-notation and incorporating my real-time playing for the melodies.

Thanks a lot again for your feedback,

- Jesse

My timing issues are deffinitely something I have to work on, mainly its due to the fact that I play everything realtime in fruity, and its taken a lot of effort to get everything in order.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have a ton of respect going your way if you composed those \"by hand\". I had just assumed it was click-notation.

Nice work. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum