• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My Music

My Music

Well.......I\'m finally doing it. I\'m gonna post some music for you all that\'s in the upcoming MMORPG, Horizons. I put it in this forum cause I\'m linking you to the game\'s website. I\'d love to hear any critiques, but be gentle.....I\'m sensitive [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

These are racial themes. The game has 9 or 10 different playable races:

Saris (cat-like people)

Gnomes (inventive little guys)

Re: My Music

I like fiends the most. A really fantasy piece of music. Sets a cool athmosphere.

The others are good as well. I would´ve expected the giants music a bit more powerful, but I don´t know, what this music is for. As a background it is good as it is.

Keep on [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice music. What are the percussion loops and sounds for the Cat people?
    Fiends sounds great as well.
    The only suggestion I would make off the top is on Cat people, right now it sounds like a tour of World Winds and Rare Instruments, as I\'m hearing more licks from the libraries instead of your own themes using the instruments. The vibe is great, but it sounds a bit unfocused thematically.
    Great stuff otherwise.
    Good luck.

Great percussion in \"Cat People\"! Very nice stuff all of it.

I like it too, could you tell us what percussions you are using (cat-people) and what reverb, I like the verb,, too. :-)
    My favorite is the first one.
    Good work, his Frogness!

Excellent stuff Mr His Frogness!

I appreciate the feedback guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tim, I knew there was something I just didn\'t like about it and you hit it right on. There really isn\'t a clear theme to it at all, just a lot of licks. With the exception of maybe some of the percussion, it\'s all Rare Instruments. These pieces were the first round of songs I did after acquiring GS, so I was elated just to hear such convincing instruments. What I love about some of thos instrument licks is that they incorporate some of the scales that exceed 12 tones. I don\'t know anything about writing for such a scale, so relied more on the licks. I\'m definitely going to try another round of that type but with a clear defined melody.

Prince, I agree, the giant music could be more involved. The music is very simple.

Markus, I just loaded the performance file. I used QL\'s Rare Instruments Tablas, 34\" Chinese Gong and Dragon Taiko 1, there was also a lot of percussion I got from a Korg Triton including the Orchestral Perc prog, Log Drum prog, Mega Tom prog (mixed in just a tiny bit with the same part that plays with the House Kit prog). Also, the tipmani is from Edirols Orchestral Synth and some of the smaller percussion is from Edirol\'s Percussion prog. That\'s about it. Most of the percussion is through TC Native Reveb VST, with the church setting. I took a little off the decay so it didn\'t trail as much. The QL stuff was through the GS Reverb. I used the default verb but took about 30% of the room size away and almost maxed the damping.

Again, I appreciate the feedback everyone. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When you work at a game company and everyone\'s telling you how cool your stuff is, it\'s nice because they\'re your friends. But it\'s the analysis of the combined experience and talent of the people here at Northernsounds that I really respect. SO KEEP EM COMIN!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Whoa..you\'re scoring Horizons! Kickass gig, congrats! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Very nice music, too. A lot of MMORPGs really lack in the music department, but this sounds really nice.

I really should know this but what\'s a MMORPG. I know what a RPG is but it\'s the MMO bit I\'m not sure about.

Thanks Choco and His Frogness. Now I know.

Go Back to forum