• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonic Mayhem Produces T3 Remix

Re: Sonic Mayhem Produces T3 Remix

weird. The link doesn\'t work but if I copy and paste it into the address bar it works.

That\'s awesome stuff.

I would have liked to have heard a more elaborate use of the sampler. After hearing what BT can do with a sampler, this leaves a bit, not much, but a bit to be desired.

Hey, thanks for checking it out.

Im curious. What u mean when u say sampler?

YOu also have to understand that with game producer you cannot go overboard on the editing.

If i had all the freedom i\'d want, it be much nastier and crazier. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Wow I didn\'t know you did this, I thought you just liked it and linked to it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well when I say that it leaves a bit to be desired when compared to BT, that\'s kind of like saying that your composition skills are almost as good as Mozart...ALMOST!!!! So I wasn\'t dissin it. I think it\'s really well done [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Could you elaborate as to how you compiled it all? What equipment did you use to produce, mix and master it all?

When you say you were limited by game producer did you mean a program called Game Producer or did you mean the producer of the game you worked on didn\'t let you get crazy with it?

When I said sampler I just figured you used something like Halion, Reason, or some software sampler like those as a plug in for Cubase and played them that way. If you didn\'t use a sampler, did you just edit it all in Pro Tools or something?

Sorry for the confusion

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Its all good.

well its kinda ironic that i also did a remix of BT\'s next single. But lets keep that still \"hush hush\", ok? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But yes i meant the producer of the game. Since its a interlectual property there are just picky.

In the original version i did, there were tons of cool edits, more \'mechanical sounds\' and more guitars. But i had to strip down a lot to make it more to the liking of the producers. Sucks but thats life. Also keep in mind that when you play the game with it, its just a different story.

and yes, i do use samplers. I use Kontakt and Cubase SX. For Mastering i usually use Ozone 2.
    Some of the big drums sounds are coming from Kontakt and a lot of the sounds are custom made.
    I used a our own (shamless plug)sample cd \"called Noize loops:toxic textures\" for the ambient beds in the background. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You can check it outat www.noizeloops.com

thanks for the feedback tho.

Sonic Mayhem Produces T3 Remix

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sonic Mayhem Produces T3 Remix

Sonic Mayhem has produced a remix of the Terminator®2 theme that is featured in
    Atari\'s new game, \"Terminator®3: War of the MachinesT\". \"The original theme is a great composition and I loved the challenge of making it darker and more intense to match the ominous vision of the future portrayed in the
    Terminator® series.\"

Atari shipped \"Terminator®3: War of the MachinesT\" today to retail stores for the
    personal computer, a single-player and online multiplayer first-person shooter set in
    the ravaged battlefields of the Tech Com-versus-SkyNet conflict.

To hear a sample of the remix, go to http://www.sonicmayhem.com/t3remix.mp3

(link works now)

For more about Sascha Dikiciyan and Sonic Mayhem, visit

Great stuff. I\'ve been a quiet fan of Sonic Mayhem since I first heard your Bond arrangements. Keep it up.

Thanks for clearing that up Buzz [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(Homer Simpson-like): stupid producers.

So did you use Kontakt to actually play the samples of the core from the movie?

I\'ve tried to do some BT type stuff. There\'s just so much editing. I still wonder how he does some of the edits. Like you\'ll hear a certain track start to skip at 16th notes (like a CD player) but then it will move to all the tracks and you\'ll hear every track skip like that. I\'ve never played with those CD scratchers but it seems impossible to use a scratcher globally for all the tracks without first rendering a stereo file of all the tracks that are playing. Does he just render out certain parts of the arangement as stereo and them play those bits in something like Kontakt? How do you do it Buzz?

Hey Chris, thanks for the kind words. Yeah the Bond stuff was a lot of fun. Wish i couldve scored the new one.

Reg BT edits: Well are you talking about \'stutter\' edits? Lets say you take a kick and copy it in 32notes and end with a 64 not 1 bar fill? I know that Brian uses a lot of Kyma for his stuff. All those edits you hear are made by hand in Logic. Hes nuts, thats for sure.

But a lot of game producers dont \'get\' extreme edits. Simple is the key. Im glad i got away with what i did for T3.

And no, those samples you hear are not \'stolen\' from the movie. I just tried to get the same kind of \"larger then life\' sound.

Originally posted by Buzzfunk:

Reg BT edits: Well are you talking about \'stutter\' edits? Lets say you take a kick and copy it in 32notes and end with a 64 not 1 bar fill?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah that\'s what I was talking about.

Originally posted by Buzzfunk:
    I know that Brian uses a lot of Kyma for his stuff. All those edits you hear are made by hand in Logic. Hes nuts, thats for sure.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kyma huh? I\'ll have to check that out. Thanks for the all the info.

After listening to it some more I\'ve changed my mind. It\'s actually right up there with BT, IMO [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'d love to know more about how you did those quick slices. It seemed like copying and pasting a .wav in an arrangement window was too tedious, especially pre-SX (I use Cubase) where the closest you could snap was 16th notes. I guess that\'s changed and you can snap to 64th notes if I remember right.

Sometimes I hear in BT it sounds like he\'ll stutter the middle of a sample, or even the end of a sample. When I tried to do that by cropping and pasting a .wav, I\'d end up with a bunch of clicks (like a cd skip) and it didn\'t sound nearly as smooth as BT. I figured Cubase couldn\'t crossfade that quick when you\'re dealing with 32nd or 64th notes. How do you get around that?

Thanks in advance [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

well there are many ways of doing the \'stutters\'.

One easy way is using Acid 4.0. Its chopper feature lets you chop and paste with ease in whatever note length you want.

I do all my edits in cubase sx2.0 by hand. After zooming in on a 4 bar loop i set the grid to 32notes and go all the way up to 128th notes edits. The pops you get cause there no autofade at the end of the slices. What i do is i usally select em all and just move the volume bar at the end a little bit to the left. Kinda like a fade out. On a current track im working on i have more then 1,000 single edits..sometimes each slice is being procecced as well. Its tidious work. I love it.

I also produce dance music, breaks and progressive. My artist name is Toksin. Check out www.toksin.com. Totally different sound then that T3 remix. But much bigger production. The BT remix isnt up cause its going to be released. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum