• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cat In The Hat tunes

Cat In The Hat tunes

It\'s good to see the Game Audio forum a bit more active this week. I\'ve really enjoyed listening to what other people are up to so I thought I post something I\'ve done earlier this year.

Enter the site, wait for the er... navigation hat to load in the bottom left corner, click on the \"Fun and Games\" link, then the music link. You need Flash BTW.

Before anyone mentions it, the brief was to sound like early Danny Elfman!!!!

This was before I got EWQLSO and VSL so the main libs are GOS, SAM Horns, QL Brass, DDSW, some AO, EW Steinway B, Xample Harp and loads of other stuff.

Re: Cat In The Hat tunes

That\'s really cool Dave! Your mix sounds great; I can only hope to get to your level of expertise someday!

Most impressive. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think you pulled it off with flying colors. It sounds a lot like Danny Elfam [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very nice stuff Dave. Brings back memories. I worked on some of the very first Seuss computer games for Broderbund about 7 years ago. Fun stuff.

WoW!! That is some great stuff!! You definitely pegged the Elfman style.

In the credits music you used a sound that I\'ve heard Elfman use before (Mars attacks for one), that has that 1950\'s ish alien/ghost kind of sound. Did you get that sound from a sample library? Just curious. (I hope you know which sound I\'m talking about).

The instrument is a Theremin. Learn to make one here... http://www.paia.com/theremax.htm

There used to be a free softsynth theremin available too, not sure anymore. Google for it.

BTW, cool stuff Dave. Looks like a fun project.

Well you already know I like it Dave! Great work.

Hey, wasn\'t it good of NS to name this forum after your website? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Chris is correct, it\'s a theramin, or at least a fake theramin done in the Emagic ES2 softsynth.

There\'s no advertising like free advertising! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Chris and Dave,

Thanks!! Boy there is a lot of stuff out there on the web about building theremins. I had no idea.

Go Back to forum