• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any News on Adding the Attack and Release Controls to All GPO5 Instruments?

Share/Bookmark

Any News on Adding the Attack and Release Controls to All GPO5 Instruments?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the GPO team is working on an update to add attack and release control to all instruments in GPO5. If not all, at least all of the pianos. I'm really looking forward to using the new pianos, but I need the release controller like in GIO.

Regards,

Richard

Re: Any News on Adding the Attack and Release Controls to All GPO5 Instruments?

Hi Richard,

No, I've no news of what the Garritan team has plans to do. I very much doubt whether they make this news public in any way.

My personal opinion is, that if they were going to do this, then it ought to be available by now.
    It's not a very difficult modification to do if you know the structure and make up of the SFZ and XML files.

From my own point of view, I have finished the modifications to include the Stereo Stage controls in all the GPO5 standard instruments, i.e. not the notation ones yet, and have been testing them for a while.

Work on including many of the new controls, e.g. ADSR, into the instruments carried forward from GPO4 and various new instruments has only been through the planning phase with me. What I wanted to create was a suitable blend of the old and the new, which has taken a little bit of working out with regards to which controls to keep and which to discard, and then which control goes where.

Otherwise, I've been busy with various other projects, many of which are musical, which has rather put the extra controls on the back burner.

What I can do is to take a look at the new pianos for you to see whether something can be done relatively quickly for you, if you like?

Regards,
    John.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Hey John,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping they would have done something by now. I'm kind of disappointing in Garritan now. They should have had this in from the beginning, especially after GPO4. I guess I should have waited and asked if those controllers were in before upgrading. I even sent a support ticket, and I know one other person did too in regards to adding the attack and release controls. They are pretty much standard for any instrument library. Garritan, despite IO, is the only libraries that don't have them, and to some people it just hinders the usefulness on the library, especially pianos and releases. Sorry for the frustration. Thanks, that would be kind of you if you have the time to look into the new pianos. I've been really wanting to use those most out of the entire library.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by SysExJohn View Post
    Hi Richard,

No, I've no news of what the Garritan team has plans to do. I very much doubt whether they make this news public in any way.

My personal opinion is, that if they were going to do this, then it ought to be available by now.
    It's not a very difficult modification to do if you know the structure and make up of the SFZ and XML files.

From my own point of view, I have finished the modifications to include the Stereo Stage controls in all the GPO5 standard instruments, i.e. not the notation ones yet, and have been testing them for a while.

Work on including many of the new controls, e.g. ADSR, into the instruments carried forward from GPO4 and various new instruments has only been through the planning phase with me. What I wanted to create was a suitable blend of the old and the new, which has taken a little bit of working out with regards to which controls to keep and which to discard, and then which control goes where.

Otherwise, I've been busy with various other projects, many of which are musical, which has rather put the extra controls on the back burner.

What I can do is to take a look at the new pianos for you to see whether something can be done relatively quickly for you, if you like?

Regards,
    John.

Okay, Richard,

I'll take a look today and just work out the complexities.
    As I recall, it's just one XML file, and three SFZ files to edit.

Regards,
    John.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thank John, much appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by SysExJohn View Post
    Okay, Richard,

I'll take a look today and just work out the complexities.
    As I recall, it's just one XML file, and three SFZ files to edit.

Regards,
    John.

Go Back to forum