• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some of my all-pizzicato tunes (no arco)

Share/Bookmark

Some of my all-pizzicato tunes (no arco)

Fellow Music Creators,

Here are some of my all-pizzicato tunes (no arco
    ):

"Pizztacular"

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Pizztacular.mp3

"Abe Plinkin' "
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...hamPlinkin.mp3

"Pizz"
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Pizz2.mp3

Larry Alexander

Re: Some of my all-pizzicato tunes (no arco)

For me: Abe and Pizz2. What a joy ! Great tunes, Larry.

Greetings,

Raymond

Hi Larry,

What fun to listen to these pieces in the morning. They are a brilliant starter (despite the thunderstorms rolling outside).

It's always a pleasure to work exclusively with pizzicati: you don't have to bother about the right choice of articulations and their settings. Pizzicati always sound good and are not very demanding as to reverb or ambience parameters. That brings to music itself to the foreground.

(I wouldn't advise these pieces to 'unprepared' string players. They will have to practice a lot to master the fingering technique, specially for nr 1... )

Well done. It was real fun!
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    For me: Abe and Pizz2. What a joy ! Great tunes, Larry.

Greetings,

Raymond
    It pleases me that you like them.

Thanks, Mister Raymond.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

What fun to listen to these pieces in the morning. They are a brilliant starter (despite the thunderstorms rolling outside).

It's always a pleasure to work exclusively with pizzicati: you don't have to bother about the right choice of articulations and their settings. Pizzicati always sound good and are not very demanding as to reverb or ambience parameters. That brings to music itself to the foreground.

(I wouldn't advise these pieces to 'unprepared' string players. They will have to practice a lot to master the fingering technique, specially for nr 1... )

Well done. It was real fun!
    Max
    None of these works would present a challenge to experienced string players. Professionals use two 'plucking fingers', which makes playing rapid passages easier.

Thanks for having a listen, Mister Belgium Dude Max.

My best to you.

Larry Alexander

I cannot tell a lie, I liked the middle one best. I'm curious as to why there was more reverb in that piece. Intentional, or was it a different library? In any case, effective. It reminds me of the pizzicato movement in Tchaik's fourth. A wonderful driven quality that always knows where it's going. The other two pieces were delightful as well. A fun listen!

I just thought that "Abe..." sounded better with a tad more reverb.

Thanks for listening and commenting. I always appreciate your input.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Excellent and enjoyable compositions! The pizzicato is very effective, and I always like listening to it. As a (former and non-talented) cello player, I do, however, loath playing long parts of pizz - the fingers hurt then very much from plucking those hard metal strings. I probably did not use the right technique then... In any case, now with digital sound libraries it is a pleasure playing pizz passages!

Reinhold

Herr Rheinhold,

I have been playing pizz (jazz) 'stand-up' bass for over sixty-eight years. After a few months your "plucking" finger develops a thick callous which prevents pizz from being painful.

Thanks for your response. Danke schoen!

Larry Alexander

Yes, I should have practised my cello playing more; then my pluck-fingers would have been more resilient... but I was too lazy...

Reinhold

Go Back to forum