• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Compositions which are a MUST !!!

Share/Bookmark

Compositions which are a MUST !!!

Hiho,
    we all know these dialogues:

\"did you hear this track or this???\"

\"no\"

\"what?? you never heard this one???\"

\"no, should i?\"

\"yes, damn this is cult or just reference, blabla\"

so to make it short, i thought about doing on thread where we can collect musical pieces which are a must to hear and maybe to learn something from, wether it\'s game music or other stuff [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

also it would be cool to collect some adresses and url\'s where to download music of games or other cool compositions.

i would like to start with this one here, i liked the string quartett stuff in arcanum:
    http://arcanum.sierra.com/
    go to media and soundtracks, there you can download all tracks played during the game

Re: Compositions which are a MUST !!!

Nice idea Alex!

Here\'s one I personally recommend:

Kuno\'s mp3s

All My Best,

I tried to start a thread to post links of available game soundtrack downloads, but it slowly got buried. Maybe a moderator could make a sticky thread for this purpose??

Here\'s that thread:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000049

Originally posted by D.DiAnda:
    I tried to start a thread to post links of available game soundtrack downloads, but it slowly got buried. Maybe a moderator could make a sticky thread for this purpose??

Here\'s that thread:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000049
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'d have to agree. It\'s a great thread. BTW download The Hobbit. It\'s a GREAT soundtrack. 65% of budget went into the music! Now that says something!

cool, so we dig up all the buried posts now [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

thx for the answers so far and i didnt know that the hobbit got over 60% of the budget...
    gives me hope [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    thx for the answers so far and i didnt know that the hobbit got over 60% of the budget...
    gives me hope [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gives us all hope! Although now we have to complete with Elfman [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] .

60% of the AUDIO budget went to Hobbit music, not the total game budget...

Jason

Originally posted by D.DiAnda:

Here\'s that thread:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Perhaps we can start a \"Game Audio Links Only\" thread, with just links and no comments.

yo doyle, would be a cool idea.
    but i think if somebody can add someting, like an additional information, would be cool to add it.

Just been playing Final Fantasy X on the PS2 (ok, so I\'m a bit behind the times!), and there\'s a sequence of a \'Sending\' played out over a sunset shore. It\'s a great piece of work, both visually and musically. Had a tear in my eye - sniff. Stunning.

Steve

Go Back to forum