Well, I\'m very curious... what\'s the role of a sound designer in a game? So every sound is concerned, exept the music. Here are a couple of questions I am asking myself and hopefully some of you experienced audio guys can help me out:
- Are composers for games most of the time sound designers as well?
- What tools do sound designers use - libraries of sounds, self created electronic sounds, recorded sounds in a studio or outdoors?
- Are the sounds manipulated afterwards (slowered down, filtered etc)?
- Does the sound designer also create all voices?
- Are they recorded in his studio?
- Do the sound designer hire himself actors for the job?
It would be great to hear some info,