• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bajakian on Apple

Share/Bookmark

Bajakian on Apple

So there I am surfing around, and I see Apple has interviewed Clint Bajakian. Hmm - interesting. Didn\'t Clint just move completely to a Truespec/Cubase platform?

Very interesting [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Eric

Re: Bajakian on Apple

Clint is mainly Apple with all the sound design stuff (Pro Tools etc.), and for his older libs, he may use his Mac for sequencing and controlling PC\'s. I may have been the one that convinced him that while Mac is great for a lot of things, PC\'s (and their disposable nature) rule for sequencing and sample instrument playback, that is if you want to take advantage of things like FXTeleport and Midi-Over-Lan, VST stacking and other advances soon to come. After all, the feature set of all the major sequencers for both Mac and PC\'s are all pretty much the same. But right now, PC/Window machines have an advantage in the sequencing/sample instrument playback world. That may change in the future, who knows. Clint got the full QLSO package using FXTeleport, and runs the sequencing with a PC. He is quite happy with this so far, even as a long time Mac guy.
    I will be going over all this in my talk at the GDC.

It seems like we\'re over the old PC vs Mac controversy. You just use what you feel more comfortable with. Except for a pair of apps only made for one of the platforms, and the fact that if you have the time and skill you can build you a PC in a more cheaper way, they\'re practically the same.

Btw, the interviews at apple are nice. The one they did with Tim Larkin was really interesting.

/me goes to read Clint Bajakian\'s one

\"Except for a pair of apps only made for one of the platforms, and the fact that if you have the time and skill you can build you a PC in a more cheaper way, they\'re practically the same.\"

Not really. FXTeleport, the VST GigaStudio wrapper host (coming soon and works), FXFreeze combined with the cheaper prices of PC\'s, we are talking about a major across the boards cost reduction, distributed processing, ease of expansion (just add a computer on the network with the correct software plus no midi or sound hardware needed) and a reduced mixing needs. If it were the other way around and all this advantage was with the MAC, I would say so. It still may happen, but not soon. It is not a Mac vs PC thing, it is just reality. These flux\'s of advantage back and forth happen all the time, and will in the future. Right now, in sequencing, PC\'s have the edge. In sound manipulation, MAC has an edge. And on it goes...

Go Back to forum