• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Greetings and GDC

Share/Bookmark

Greetings and GDC

Hello all! Just wanted to start by saying I really appreciate all the great info this venue carries and for such a varied and knowledgeable community. It really is a top notch resource for the sample community.

This being my first post, I just wanted to introduce myself, and say my partner and I are currently out at GDC and will be hanging out at the Audio Track, and was just wondering if anyone from the forum would be meeting up like you have in past years. I would really enjoy meeting some of you guys.

Also, when we get back (currently on dialup) I\'d like to share and get critiques on one of our recent orchestral pieces.

thanks,

Re: Greetings and GDC

What\'s that you say? You\'re at GDC. What a coincidence...So am I. Have we met before?

tsk, tsk... Man\'s lost without his sig. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

hmmm... Well, I think we\'ve met once before, partner. See ya there.

Oops, darn sig...always gets me... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard Michael and Rob [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

I\'ll open a virtual bottle of champaign.

Cheers [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I really dig small companies with presidents and vp\'s [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Mine is even smaller and even has a creative director, account manager, software developer, a wannabe composer and a senior tea boy.
    (all in one!)

Couldn\'t resist [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Have fun at the GDC and send my regards to Maarten Spruijt from Holland and Doyle Donnehoo if you meet them.

Take care,

Hey Doyle, be sure and hunt down the Fatman and let him know you are the moderator of this forum and talk about doing an interview here. He will gladly do it.
    Cheers
    Dave

Thanks all for kind greetings. GDC was fantastic. Doyle and Maarten both gave fantastic presentations at the Virtual Orchestration panel. Very informative. Big thanks to them, to G.A.N.G, GDC and all the great people we met this year for a most educational and enjoyable experience.

And Peter, you know how it goes. Audio guys are the ones expected to play every role at once. That one of the fun parts right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] You guys are great.

Hey guys,

I remember you guys talking to Lennie on the last day of the GDC. I didn\'t say much because by that time I was BEAT.

BTW, I noticed Rob was a percussionist at FSU. A friend of mine, John Parks, is the percussion head there now, isn\'t he?

Originally posted by David Govett:
    Hey Doyle, be sure and hunt down the Fatman and let him know you are the moderator of this forum and talk about doing an interview here. He will gladly do it.
    Cheers
    Dave
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have been nearby the Fat Man several times now and totally missed him. Was he at NAMM? I went to the GDC booth he was working for his book, and he was gone again. Missed him at the awards too. Gotta nail that guy down.

The session with Maarten, Jeremy and Bill went well but the session was just not long enough. I am thinking that next year there will be yet another NS guy in a GDC session. Heads up, the next GDC will be in San Francisco.

Go Back to forum