• Register
  • Help

Topic: The smart money or which road to orchestral heaven

Share/Bookmark

The smart money or which road to orchestral heaven

I have been using some not to swift orchestral samples while waiting for Kontakt to go OSX and for Garritan or similar to become available for it.

It seems that there is some activity in this regard. Maybe even VSL will make it to contact. So, the question is, what to do. Wait for VSL, wait for Garritan, wait for Kontakt OSX, just go Giga. The Giga option would have been a better choice before I got the dual processor G5, now I want to use that to make the orchestra come to life. What are your suggestions.

Re: The smart money or which road to orchestral heaven

If I\'m not mistaken, Giga is not even an option, it is PC only working at the kernel code, Mac doesn\'t allow this, have you looked into MachV from MOTU? That should import GIGA on the Mac, then you wouldn\'t have to wait any longer....

AL

Wait for the Garritan Personal Orchestra. It will work on the Mac platform and get you a good start to orchestra heaven.

,,,and the Garritan PO comes with KOMPAKT which gives you a sample player, although not the edit capabilities of KONTAKT. (I don\'t remember, though, whether it is a limited version of KOMPAKT)

ed

Sorry, I went back to check the GPO pre-announcement. It says that it comes with NI\'s KONTAKT Player(?), not KOMPAKT.

ed

Go Back to forum