• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar/MOL: No Midi Ports

Share/Bookmark

Sonar/MOL: No Midi Ports

I am using Sonar and MOL to connect to a GS PC. I have been running stable with MOL for over a year. Now, when i launch Sonar it tells me I have not selected any Midi ports. So, I reselect the MOL ports and press OK and Sonar comes back and says I have not selected any Midi ports. I have restarted my computer(s) several times to no avail. I can select a physical midi port and Sonar is OK with that. At some point I should probably reinstall MOL though the MOL GUI seems to show that all is well with these ports. Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Sonar/MOL: No Midi Ports

My first thought is that you\'re probably right--you probably should reinstall.

But...why did it happen? Did you change any network settings recently? I\'ve had to setup MOL by inputting the IP address of the source & target machines.

Have you used the built-in testing capabilities in the setup dialog boxes to make sure MIDI messages are being sent/received properly? There\'s a whole lotta things that it could be.
    O.

Originally posted by O Boy:
    My first thought is that you\'re probably right--you probably should reinstall.

But...why did it happen? Did you change any network settings recently? I\'ve had to setup MOL by inputting the IP address of the source & target machines.

Have you used the built-in testing capabilities in the setup dialog boxes to make sure MIDI messages are being sent/received properly? There\'s a whole lotta things that it could be.
    O.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, I can send Midi via the MOL user interface Test Midi Button to GS on another PC and hear GS sound. That\'s the odd thing. The other odd thing is that Sonar shows all of the MOL ports as viable Midi outputs in its Midi devices menue -i.e. where you actually set the midi output devices. I guess I need to keep thinking about this. Maybe I will try goihng back to a restore point in Windows (and cross my fingers). Any other ideas?

Thanks for the comments. I looked at the process running and somehow McAffee firewall was running in a blocking mode. When I exited it, as was well.

I have had that problem occur in Sonar as well with my midi interface. However, if I reboot, the problem always goes away. Did you try a reboot?

-- Martin

Go Back to forum