• Register
  • Help

Topic: Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Anyone had this when trying to move large files around either over the network, or to/from USB2 Firewire drives?

I keep getting it all the time when managing my giga library across machines - according to microsoft knowledgebase http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330174 the problem is:-

The \"Enable write caching on the disk\" feature for your disk is turned on.
    Your Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller is configured in either of the following ways:
    You are using a 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
    Your BIOS settings are configured to force faster UDMA modes.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">but I\'m not convinced as all of these look ok on my systems.

Any ideas anyone?

Re: Windows - Delayed Write Failed

ian, if this message shows up repeatedly a red alarm light should flash - either a component involved in data transfer is about to die or you might have a bad ram stick (data gets corrupted while its stored in a buffer/cache and writing cannot be verified/committed)

Go Back to forum