• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mac/PC networking question

Share/Bookmark

Mac/PC networking question

Hi Guys & girls,

After struggling to get Logic 5.5 on PC to run multiple instances of QLSO Gold, and not wishing to switch sequencers, I`ve decided that I will go for a G5 to run Logic 6 and some of my cross platform plugins like Stylus, Trilogy and my UAD-1 card.

I will convert my main PC to run Giga 3 when it comes out. My question is, can I network the 2 machines so that I can use various PC only VST plug-ins within Logic on the G5? If so, which software do I need to achieve this. I have various Voxengo plugs which I really like.

Also, as I`m used to mastering in Wavelab, would it be also possible to access the UAD card in the G5 for Wavelab?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chris

Re: Mac/PC networking question

No those things are not possible. You CAN use V-Stack on the PC and load pc VSTi\'s and control them via midi on in Logic and pipe the audio out of the pcs into Logic.

But the other things you mention are not possible, they are two seperate computers.

I edit in Wavelab also, i just drag the files over the network to the PC. Edit, then toss them back to the mac.

this is possible! check out fx teleport. Max is pretty active in the forums over there.

Basically it lets you connect a mac and pc together and run plugins from another computer but control them from your sequencer. Saves CPU power in your sequencer. Plus you can use PC only plugs even if you\'re on mac or vice versa!!!

btw, there will be a giga wrapper in the near future as well. very exiting stuff...

I believe from the last time I checked Fx teleport for Mac OS X as a VST is in Beta 2.

I just checked a day ago and it seemed there was no news...so i assume it\'s not out yet. Many are anticipating it\'s release for OS X.

Yeah Marty, I guess you\'re right. I would keep checking though because it should be released very soon.

This will open alot of new doors for Mac/PC discussions. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

this is possible! check out fx teleport. Max is pretty active in the forums over there.

Basically it lets you connect a mac and pc together and run plugins from another computer but control them from your sequencer. Saves CPU power in your sequencer. Plus you can use PC only plugs even if you\'re on mac or vice versa!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I thought FX-Teleport was PC only?? I dont know that you can run it across platforms at all..

Go Back to forum