• Register
  • Help

Topic: Guidance on sampling in GS, please!

Share/Bookmark

Guidance on sampling in GS, please!

Hello Fellow GigaFreaks!

I am in desperate need of guidance in the matter of sampling your own sounds in GigaStudio. I\'m finally ready to move on after spending most of my time playing around with sounds I downloaded online and a few sample libraries that I had from my old EMU..

When I bought GigaStudio about a year ago, they gave me a copy of GigaSampler and an Update for GigaStudio96. The only documentation that came along was the manual for GigaSampler and not a single line about GigaStudio96 besides the stuff in the help file, which is not very thorough!..

I know that I\'m asking for a lot, but all I need are some simple guidelines on where to start and where to end. How to span the freshly sampled sounds to each key on my keyboards and stuff like that. I assume that GigaStudio is capable of doing this by default.

I hope that some of you are willing to help a newbie in this specific area. :-)

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Regin.

Re: Guidance on sampling in GS, please!

Well, if you have the Gigasampler manual and CD, you are already halfway there.

The editor is still the same (with a few extra functions though!). If you look on the Giga*sampler* CD, there is a directory with some tutorial instrument files - you can use this with the manual from around p.70 to get you going.

Since everything works pretty much the same with Gigastudio, this should get you going quite nicely!

These should also be relevant:

http://www.btinternet.com/~taskie/tutorials/Giga000000.html
    http://www.glasstrax.com/Tips/giggatips/newgigs.html

One thing to remember:

When you assign a sample to a resgion, make sure they are the same - mono or stereo. Mono wavs can\'t be dropped on stereo regions and vice versa.
    Also, the editor won\'t let you assign a MIX of stereo and mono wavs. If you\'re using the wizard, make sure all your samples are one or the other. If not, assign manually.

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 08-02-2001).]

Hey guys!

Thanks very much for your replies!.. I can\'t wait to get started!!..

Thomas Regin.

Go Back to forum