• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help dear folks please ?

Help dear folks please ?

Hello dear folks,

My GS is taking ages to load a sample.
    Yup UDMA/DMA is on, tweaked system dedicated
    Maxtor 5T020H2 20 Gig drive on Secundairy.
    Defragmenting very often so I\'m clueless.

vcache max/min 16383
    512 MB ram
    Windows ME
    Intel PIII and Intel Chipset

In the beginning samples loaded in seconds, now they refuse to load.

Re: Help dear folks please ?

Just to let you know somebody read your post-but I don\'t have a real answer. My suggestion is to fdisk, reformat-reinstall everything. Major PITA, but usually helps.

Added any new software? Viruses? Good luck, bro.

I had a problem similar to this.. The only way i could load gig files was to right click on them and select \"Load\", or something similar....

I reinstalled gigastudio and it seemed to solve the issue....
    i realise that the problem may not be similar to mine but i have found that every problem i faced i ended up re-formatting the machine.... It just seems a bit overkill in your case....

Is giga on the primary drive? or the secondry....

what drive is the primary?
    and where are you gig files stored?

What hard drive controller are you using? Giga has had some issues with certain types, some Promise ATA100 controllers, for example. Just churns, churns, and loads like molasses. I went back to the standard MOBO controller and it cleared up the problem.

Promise ATA indeed, anyway cleared the vcache bull**** (16386) in the sys.ini and it now loads gigapiano in some secs. Meaning the Vcache setting really can make a negative difference.

I guess most people with ghz pc\'s don\'t realise this is of some help for old pc\'s. Don\'t mess with Vcache (ESPECIALLY IN ME) otherwise you and up with a tardy GS160 2.5.48 .. anyway that was what did it for me.

The only reason why I choose GS above Halion/EXS24 is that it\'s multitimbral and that\'s the ONLY reason. GS is a pain in the *** and contains bugs for years and years.

Emagic WILL surpass Nemesys soon!

Go Back to forum