• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria error message "Address space limit reached, please consider the 64bit version"

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Aria error message "Address space limit reached, please consider the 64bit version"

Hello all,

I've recently downloaded GPO 5/Aria, Sonar Artist, and ASIO4ALL (all latest versions) as I recently have returned to my electronic music hobby (habit?). I'm running Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3, 8 gb RAM, i7 processor. Let me know if you need more details.

After loading a sizable ensemble (this particular project includes KS section strings, all available horns, trumpets, oboes, bassoons, and timps) Aria will pop up just as I load my last instrument (of course) and tell me "Address space limit reached, please consider the 64bit version."

As far as I can tell everything is running in 64bit. Sonar definitely is, ASIO4ALL self-installed its "combined 32bit and 64bit" version (should I be suspect of that? It did plop itself into the x86 program files folder), and Sonar is definitely loading Aria Player VST_x64.dll. I even removed the x86 Aria VST to be sure, but same error message.

The project was going seamlessly before I added the KS strings to the ensemble, which is where I went over this address space limit. Now that I'm "at" this limit (contrabassoon 1 excluded), samples are not looping (they just cut out after .5-1 second or so) and playback is littered with pops and clicks. In task manager RAM usage is hovering just around 4 gigs and CPU usage doesn't seem to be phased by playback (doesn't pass 25%).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Aria error message "Address space limit reached, please consider the 64bit versio

The first thing I would try is to use the Asio drivers that come with Sonar, instead of Asio4all. You should be using these anyway. If it doesn't help, try using multiple outputs. Also, this problem could be quickly solved on the sonar forum. If you're not a member, you should be.
    michael diemer

Re: Aria error message "Address space limit reached, please consider the 64bit versio

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    The first thing I would try is to use the Asio drivers that come with Sonar, instead of Asio4all. You should be using these anyway. If it doesn't help, try using multiple outputs. Also, this problem could be quickly solved on the sonar forum. If you're not a member, you should be.
    Ok, I fixed it. It was actually a setting within Aria. Under "settings for advanced users" the Max Engine RAM Allocation was set to 512MB. I upped it to 4GB and playback is silky smooth, I can load many more instruments, and in task manager I can see that Sonar is using much more RAM.

Interesting. I have not had to change that setting, even with other libraries in the mix. At any rate, glad you got it sorted out. Something to keep in mind!
    michael diemer

I had the same problem guys

Go Back to forum