• Register
  • Help

Topic: Goodbye Summer

Share/Bookmark

Goodbye Summer

It is only September,but I see leaves started to fall, the nights are cool, and feeling sad that the summer is ending.
    Only piano and flute, all GPO5.

Ted

https://app.box.com/s/0k1rsq9786d2r4hz85r75a7no1rymu8o

Re: Goodbye Summer

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    It is only September,but I see leaves started to fall, the nights are cool, and feeling sad that the summer is ending.
    Only piano and flute, all GPO5.

Ted

https://app.box.com/s/0k1rsq9786d2r4hz85r75a7no1rymu8o
    It is September 13th here and the temperature is 48 degrees. Tonight, we are told, the temperature will drop to 31 degrees. Your piece seems amazingly appropriate.

Tom

That's very pleasant, Mister Ted. Nice interplay between the two instruments. I enjoyed your work.

It is still in the 90s here in wonderful, hot East Texas. Let me see your bleak face, Winter. I can tolerate it.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Thanks Tom, i try to be prompt with my feelings.
    Thanks Larry, that is what I enjoyed in this piece, the two instruments coexistence.Thanks again.

Ted

A really beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing. I'm a winter person, so it kind of makes me happy to see winter coming.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard, I love winters too (in pictures, watching them from Mexico...)

Ted

I'm a little late to this, having been awol lately. Anyway...I wish I had listened to this when it actually was late summer. There is something about violin and piano on a summer night. Like Debussy's sonata for violin and piano. The flute is like the evening breeze, floating against a background of glittering stars. Your pieces are always well thought out, always with good form. The piano echoed the interesting slow sextuplet figure in the flute a few bars earlier. Very nice. Keep working, my friend, you (and Larry and Richard) are an inspiration to us younger folk.

Kind words of you better late than never, and thank you for them. Now in sunny Mexico, the weather is nice, the tequila is good. Wish you happy New Year my friend.

Ted

Go Back to forum