• Register
  • Help

Topic: SAM Trumpet Solo KS

SAM Trumpet Solo KS

I just discovered something in the new GPO5 that's a bit disappointing. I was trying to add vibrato for the new version of the SAM Trumpet Solo KS. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. Unfortunately, I think I found out. There's no vibrato control. In fact, the controls are completely different from GPO4 with the exception of the Mod Wheel:

The SAM Trumpet Solo in GPO5 sounds so much better than the one used in GPO4. I'm working in Sonar and none of the controls work to create vibrato in the GPO5 version, only in the GPO4 version. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

Lenovo, Windows 10 64 bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio, Finale 25, Sonar

Re: SAM Trumpet Solo KS

Hello Gary,

I tried a few things without success.

Previously I have used the 'channel after effects' in Sonar to add and control vibrato in two of my Christmas recordings, one for the harmonica and the other for a saxophone. At the time I was using Sonar 8.5 and it worked great.

Now I'm using Sonar Platinum and when I tried the channel after touch for the trumpet you mention there was zrero. I'm probably missing something but there's no success with this at all.

Interestingly I managed to find that tutorial you put up for applying vibrato in Finale. I changed the instrument from harmonica to the trumpet and, again, zero .. no vibrato. I changed it back to the harmonica and vibrato was there.

It must be that only some instruments respond to channel after touch. I might try asking in the Sonar forums to check I'm applying the channel after touch correctly in this new version of Sonar.

I'm sorry I couldn't offer any solution; hopefully someone will chip in with a solution.

Best wishes,

Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: SAM Trumpet Solo KS

Hi Michael,

I tried the same thing you mentioned in Finale and had the same result. I wonder why it was decided to leave off the vibrato control? I wish I knew enough about programming I would fix that right away. GPO5 SAM Trumpet Solo really sounds better than any of the other trumpets. It's a pity vibrato wasn't included. Like you said, maybe someone here will chime in a come up with a workaround.

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

Lenovo, Windows 10 64 bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio, Finale 25, Sonar

Go Back to forum