• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maurice Ravel: Pavane for a Dead Princess

Share/Bookmark

Maurice Ravel: Pavane for a Dead Princess

Hello friends,

here is another updated rendition: I revised my earlier recording of Ravel's Pavane for a Dead Princess. Now recorded fully with GPO5 samples.

https://virtualphilharmonic.bandcamp...s-1910-v161010

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Re: Maurice Ravel: Pavane for a Dead Princess

This has always been one of my favorite pieces. You do a superb job of bringing it to light, and the fact that it is all GPO is really amazing. Not that GPO is bad; it just takes real expertise to get it to sound this good. Ravel would be impressed (not to mention, astounded at the technology). You capture all the nuances of his neoclassical/impressionist forms, and of course his superlative orchestration. Exquisite!

Again, confession time. I hate the Bolero. But since you felt it is worth your work to produce this, I listened today. To my surprise, i knew this piece without knowing the composer. Again, I still do not like him. But it is just astonishing what you can produce. Honestly. I probably heard a few pieces done with GPO4 which were brilliantly done, but truly, you are the MASTER. Incredible.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    This has always been one of my favorite pieces. You do a superb job of bringing it to light, and the fact that it is all GPO is really amazing. Not that GPO is bad; it just takes real expertise to get it to sound this good. Ravel would be impressed (not to mention, astounded at the technology). You capture all the nuances of his neoclassical/impressionist forms, and of course his superlative orchestration. Exquisite!

Thank you very much, Michael! I am glad that you like this rendition! GPO often needs a bit of tweaking, but overall I am happy about what can be done with this sample library.

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Again, confession time. I hate the Bolero. But since you felt it is worth your work to produce this, I listened today. To my surprise, i knew this piece without knowing the composer. Again, I still do not like him. But it is just astonishing what you can produce. Honestly. I probably heard a few pieces done with GPO4 which were brilliantly done, but truly, you are the MASTER. Incredible.

Ted

Thank you very much, Ted! A pity that you do not like Ravel's music - but everyone has their own personal preference. There are also some composers whose music I do not like, even though their music is appreciated by many. I personally like very much the light elegant style of Ravel's compositions. I have more renditions of his orchestra music: Le Tombeau de Couperin and Ma Mere L'oye. Am currently revising them with GPO5.

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Go Back to forum