• Register
  • Help

Topic: Exciting News!

Share/Bookmark

Exciting News!

Hey Gang!

For those who listened to The Journey Symphony - A Journey with Cancer at the Listening Post, I'm excited to share with you the symphony will be premiering here in Wisconsin by the Menomonee Falls Symphony Orchestra on October 22. I could not be more thrilled. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen. Just amazing!

Thanks to everyone here for your wonderful support!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Exciting News!

Congratulations!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Gary,

Excellent news and an accomplishment well deserved.

Tom

Great news! Congrats! Well done!
    michael diemer

That is indeed wonderful news! Congratulations and best wishes for the performance.

Hello Gary,

Congratulations Gary.

I hope you have a wonderful evening and that the performance goes just as you would like it too.

Very best wishes,

Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Great news indeed!!!
    Congratulation!

Ted

I want to thank everyone here for their kinds thoughts. Tonight is the night. I heard yesterday from the director and that everything is going well. I'm so thrilled for this opportunity.

Below is what the program will have about my journey with cancer and the reason for why the symphony was written. Take care, everyone.

No one plans, when they wake up in the morning, to find out cancer is on the docket of new things they’re going to have to confront for the day. That was me in November of 2012, when I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a form of cancer similar to Leukemia. From that time until August of 2013, I thought I would be living with cancer for the rest of my life. Fortunately, through the miracle of 21st-century medicine, the cancer is in complete remission.
    The Journey Symphony was written to chronicle what I went through over the course of a year. It begins and ends hopeful. There is an ebb and flow, from the time of finding I had cancer and having to tell my life-partner Karen, to the joy I felt just being able to go back to work and receiving such a warm welcome from the residents I work with, to the hospital stay and, well, just dealing with that. There are times of inner contemplation in the music during which I think to myself, “is this worth it?” Those who’ve had cancer know what I’m talking about.
    I’ve often been heard saying, it’s a “bump in the road.” I said that the first day I found out I had cancer. All of us have faced bumps in the road. We just have to decide if those bumps are going to slow us down or move us along on to higher plains. This symphony is dedicated to Jill Aubry and Robert Staeck, who fought the cancer battle and will be forever a loved presence in our memories, and to all of you fighting cancer or knows someone who is. Always remember:

The Journey Continues…

Gary Aubry
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

All my hope for the performance tonight, Gary.

Of all that is said and done, the main thing is that the journey does indeed continue.

Tom

Go Back to forum