• Register
  • Help

Topic: Flanging.....

Share/Bookmark

Flanging.....

Every once in awhile I am getting weird flanging on notes. As I investigated further I realized that somehow GS was playing back two notes at the same time. I opened my file up in the editor and nothing had changed there. Has anyone else experienced this?

Donnie

Re: Flanging.....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    Every once in awhile I am getting weird flanging on notes. As I investigated further I realized that somehow GS was playing back two notes at the same time. I opened my file up in the editor and nothing had changed there. Has anyone else experienced this?

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A couple quick things to check:
    -Do you have your ports linked in giga, and if so, is the same patch loaded on the same channel on a linked port? This might happen if the ports are linked and then giga receives a patch change.
    -Is giga receiving the notes twice? Maybe it\'s listening on a midi in, but another program (sequencer, etc.) is also listening on that midi in and relaying the notes to giga (in which case giga gets two copies).

You\'ve probably checked these already, but just in case...

psi

Hi,
    I have the same problem with a Ego Sys Wavetermninal.
    For more Infos look in \"User Tips & Tricks\", it\'s the message \"Optimal settings for Athlon\". Perheps it will helps, then please tell me.
    For me it didn\'t come to an result, I will bring my Soundcard to a shop for a check.

I\'m hearing this mostly if I play a line with closed notes , means without rests.

If you flubbed a note when recording and actually played it twice very close to itself, and them use quantizing, sometimes the evil twin note is hidden in the exact same position as it\'s good brother - so when you look at the data you see a single note.

Try deleting the note which is flanging and see if there\'s still a note sitting there after you do the delete. If there is, and you\'ve got several \'flangers\' going on, your sequencer may have a \'delete doubles\' option - which gets rid of this type of event.

Just a thought.

Thanks Chadwick, but it\'s playing every time double.

hmm...with mine it\'s only happend once....very strange....I just closed giga and opened it back up and it went away.

Also none of the ports were linked.....

Donnie

Go Back to forum