• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: MSGSRV32 Error

Share/Bookmark

MSGSRV32 Error

I have started getting the MSGSRV32 popup error when the OS is booting. I\'ve read all the posts on the subject, tried all the potential fixes (no luck) and have come to the conclusion that once this starts happening, it\'s basically hopeless. I\'ve removed a bunch of recently installed programs, reinstalled the OS, GigaStudio, all the sound drivers - still have the problem. At this point I\'m ready to write GS off entirely and wait for Halion to mature a bit. I\'ve sent the diagnostic dump to GS support but based on other posts I don\'t expect much. I\'ll post if there turns to be any dependable fix.

Re: MSGSRV32 Error

Hmmm, I hate to say it but it sounds like you may be at that \"point of no return\" where just uninstalling programs doesn\'t help and you have to reformat and reinstall Win98 and Giga. I\'ve run into that before, that\'s why I bought a separate PC to just run Giga alone with little else.

\"I\'ve read all the posts on the subject,tried all the potential fixes (no luck) and have come to the conclusion that once this starts happening, it\'s basically hopeless.\"

You\'ve given up already? You must be a stranger to the world of PC recording. Every system is different and potential hardware/software conflicts can rear their ugly heads without warning or explanation. It\'s the nature of the Windows beast and we have to deal with it.

\"I\'ve removed a bunch of recently installed programs, reinstalled the OS, GigaStudio, all the sound drivers - still have the problem.\"

Did you wipe your drive first? When you re-installed the OS did you choose \"custom install\" and disable any unecessary items?

\"At this point I\'m ready to write GS off entirely and wait for Halion to mature a bit.\"

Mmmmmm...No comment.

Obviously there is a conflict in your system with some piece of software/hardware and I\'d bet you a pile of cash that Giga is not the culprit.

carlgt1 has right idea. Wipe your drive and do a custom install of your OS. Strip that baby down to the essentials and you\'ll have less of a chance of a conflict.

Actually, Tascam has a really cool PC Optimization doc posted on their main page at www.tascam.com It helped me resolve a few issues with my PC. Check it out.

\"I\'ve read all the posts on the subject,tried all the potential fixes (no luck) and have come to the conclusion that once this starts happening, it\'s basically hopeless.\"

You\'ve given up already? You must be a stranger to the world of PC recording. Every system is different and potential hardware/software conflicts can rear their ugly heads without warning or explanation. It\'s the nature of the Windows beast and we have to deal with it.

\"I\'ve removed a bunch of recently installed programs, reinstalled the OS, GigaStudio, all the sound drivers - still have the problem.\"

Did you wipe your drive first? When you re-installed the OS did you choose \"custom install\" and disable any unecessary items?

\"At this point I\'m ready to write GS off entirely and wait for Halion to mature a bit.\"

Mmmmmm...No comment.

Obviously there is a conflict in your system with some piece of software/hardware and I\'d bet you a pile of cash that Giga is not the culprit.

carlgt1 has right idea. Wipe your drive and do a custom install of your OS. Strip that baby down to the essentials and you\'ll have less of a chance of a conflict.

Actually, Tascam has a really cool PC Optimization doc posted on their main page at www.tascam.com It helped me resolve a few issues with my PC. Check it out.

I\'ll admit that GSt160 is an ambitious undertaking, but I have been producing music on my pc for 15 years. I have used over that period of time maybe 50-75 major pieces of software, usually running several simultaneously and I have never had the kinds of problems that I have had with GSt160. It\'s fine if, ultimately, one has to devote a standalone PC to it. It may be well worth it for certain environments. It isn\'t for me. My fault really, I should have read the forums more carefully.

I have the same problem and am also throwing up my hands. I have and AMD (via chipset) and wonder if this is causing the problem. If you\'ve figured it out, please let me know how.

One thing to try that might help: Run the program MSCONFIG (just type in MSCONFIG at your Run menu under the Start button), select the System.ini tab, open the [386Enh] folder, look for the line DEVICE=C:\\PROGRA~1\\NEMESYS\\GSTUDIO\\VRTKRNLD.VX D (this assumes you\'ve installed GS into the default directory -- if you haven\'t, just look for the line with VRTKRNLD.VXD in it), select it and move that line down to the last position. This makes sure that the GS engine doesn\'t get started until all other devices have started.

Another potential problem area is IRQ conflicts. Right click on My Computer (either in Explorer or on the desktop) and select Properties, then the Device Manager Tab. Click on Computer, then click on the Properties button. Look for your sound card on the list. It shouldn\'t be on IRQ 9 (that one is usually a problem), nor should it be sharing an interrupt with anything else, especially a hard drive or video card. If it is, you can try letting the BIOS reset the configuration data. Reboot your computer, go into the BIOS, and look for a setting that says something like \"Rest Configuration Data\" or \"Reset ESCD\" and select \"On\" or \"Enable\" or \"Yes\" or whatever the positive indicator is. Save that BIOS setting and reboot your PC.

If none of this helps, try swapping your sound card to another slot to give it a higher priority IRQ. A higher priority IRQ prevents other lower priority devices from interrupting the device driver startup for your soundcard so it can complete before the GS engine is loaded.

If that still doesn\'t help you out, there\'s one more thing you can try short of wiping your hard drive and reinstalling everything. Run MSCONFIG, select Selective Startup, uncheck the Load Startup Group Items checkbox, go to the System.ini tab again, and uncheck your VRTKRNLD.VXD line. Now reboot into safe mode, run REGEDIT, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then ENUM, and delete the PCI folder. Now reboot normally. Windows should start reinstalling all of your plug and play devices. Once everything is done reinstalling (you may be asked to reboot several times), run MSCONFIG again and select Normal Startup, and reboot.

Hope some of this helps.

Killerbob...
    Your suggestions were quite reasonable and insightful (esp. when compared to \"Wipe your drive\" and \"a separate PC to just run Giga alone\". I checked system.ini and the VXD _was_ the last entry in in the 386 section. I did have a sound card on int9 which I moved to int10 - the problem remained. I deleted the PCI section in the registry and went through the whole re-enumeration process and -what do you know- the problem went away though multiple re-boot cycles _until_ I actually ran GSt160 once and then the problem returned. I am convinced at this point that this is a product defect and have requested a refund from TASCAM and will contact the Mass AG\'s office if TASCAM doesn\'t straighten this out. Too bad, I really had hopes for this program in an unconstrained operating environment.

Hi Freya:

What version of Gigastudio 160 are you using?

Have you downloaded and installed the latest update?

If you have you could try an earlier version and see if the problems remains. Sometimes new versions has bugs that occurs after a while and have not been found at the beta-testing.

Always remember that there are many people that has a well working Giga-setup.

I am one of them.

good luck

Scarbee

------------------
    Visit www.scarbee.com and check out the demoes from The Scarbee Bass Libraries

I have had the MSGSRV32 error on boot since the beginning. I just boot repeatedly untilit goes away -- two to for boots usually works. I have examined my system according to all the suggestions so far in this and many other threads. The problem still persists.

Since there is not a comparable product to turn to (despite the emotional ravings of a few disgruntled people), I just live with it. I suspect that there are many user out there with the same problem -- they just make it work. Excessive complaining is a waste of my time.

One day if a solution emerges, I will gladly use it.

clueless

Go Back to forum