• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio / SX Contoller Question

GigaStudio / SX Contoller Question

Was wondering if there\'s a way to use / re-map the Mod Wheel (cc1) on my keyboard controller to control the Expression (cc11) function in Gigastudio? I don\'t have an Expression port on the keyboard to use with a pedal and would prefer to use the Mod Wheel anyhow.....Is this do-able?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: GigaStudio / SX Contoller Question

Hi, I dont know about Giga, but I did this in the synth itself. I have a \"data entry\" slider on my Roland synth that is set to volume (CC 7) by default. I changed this to expression (CC 11)

Not sure if this might help. I also use Cubase SX, but the answer was in changing what my synth output.

Regards, Scott.

Controller 11 (Expression) is definitely the way to go... but it\'s really difficult to find support. I have a nice big mod wheel (controller 1) that would be ideal for the purpose but cannot be assigned to any other controller. The manufacturer doesn\'t even include a midi data sheet in the manual. I also own a couple of Roland keyboards with data sliders that can be assigned, but sliders are more difficult to control.

The next avenue would be to get your sequencer to map the mod wheel data to expression. I am currently struggling with Sonar and it will allow you to assign the wheel to VOLUME but not EXPRESSION. Now maybe I\'m missing something obvious but I don\'t think so.

This is sort of a long-winded response with no solution to your problem, but I just wanted to assure you that you are not alone.

What sequencing software do you use?

Thanks for the reply. I\'m using Cubase SX and also not finding how to map mod wheel to expression. I\'ll keep working on it and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks again.

Chris Luke

For volume (CC 07) in Cubase SX I have done this:

Open Input Transformer.

Filter Target= Type Is
    Condition= Equal
    Parameter 1= Controller

Action Target= Value 1
    Operation= Set to a fixed value
    Parameter 1= 7 (volume)

Activate Module (1,2,3,4). Then just save it as a preset.

Go Back to forum