• Register
  • Help

Topic: sustain pedal question (half pedalling)

sustain pedal question (half pedalling)

Hi all,

I am using a Kawai CA950 to control Gigastudio. Everything works great, except pedalling.

There is no way to turn off half-pedalling on the Kawai. When I press the pedal down almost all the way, the sustain controller [cc64] goes only to about 55 [out of 127].

According to the midi spec any value less than 64 is recognized as \"pedal off\".

I press the pedal a little more, the value finally jumps to 127 and the pedal is recognized is being pressed. The problem is, I have to press the pedal fairly hard to get it to 127.

I was wondering if anybody knows of any way to get Gigastudio to recognize values < 64 as pedal on? I know Gigastudio doesn\'t do half pedaling, I just want it to recognize my 55 as being pedal on.

Or is there any way [midi utility] to add a number [say 30 or so] live onto the cc64 signal so that my 55 will be 55+30 = 85 pedal on?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn\'t find anything anywhere.

Thanks for any help/information anyone could provide!

Re: sustain pedal question (half pedalling)

I would use \"midi-ox\"; it\'s the mother of all filters / translators.

If you\'re crazy, you could program it in keykit, which is a midi programming language. I wouldn\'t do that for this!

Hubi cables can do transformations, I don\'t know how to configure them though.

These are all Windows apps, check google.

Go Back to forum