• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help me pleasssse

Help me pleasssse

I converted lots of my AKAI libraries for use with giga by right clicking on the CD icon and selecting \"Convert to Giga\"....However, a problem has started to occur about once every four or five times I try to load one of the coverted Akai gig patches into one of the channels....Gigastudio simply shuts off by itself and I\'m left with my desktop. The weird thing is, if I check my processes that are running under Task manager, Gigastudio is no where to be found...BUT I can keep playing the Gigastudio patches through my keyboard as if the program was still open! What\'s going on? Any ideas? Like I said this only seems to happen when I load the AKAI patches that I converted to Giga....HELP! Thanks....

Re: Help me pleasssse

Hi Vince, have you tried converting the Akai discs using Translator or Chickensys?

When I tried to use S-Converter in Giga it crashed my system every time (Ver 2.54, Windows XP).

Maybe it has something to do with GS performing the conversion in the first place.

Cheers, Scott.

Thanks Scott,

Upon further investigation, I\'ve found out that it\'s not the AKAI samples (even though I did recently convert lots of AKAI samples into Giga)..Gigastudio just shuts off randomly now when I try and load a new patch..regardless of whether it\'s an Akai patch or Giga patch..It\'s never happened before..what\'s going on?

Hi Vince, it could be many things unfortunately. Perhaps try uninstalling Giga. Also, go to the Nemesys site and download the file on a \"clean uninstall\" this completely removes Giga from the system.

Also, if it has been some years since you installed your operating system it might be time to back up your needed files (not the programs, just the files) and do a fresh installation of Windows and other apps. Many people I know (including me) re-install the O.S. about once a year.

The technical term is \"fluff\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] windows just gathers so much of it that occassionally you have to do a spring clean.

Cheers, Scott.

I think you\'re missing the big picture here! If Windows doesn\'t know it\'s running, than it won\'t take any processing power and you can have unlimited polyphony! It\'s a miracle!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Just kidding. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gigastudio will behave like that if it tries to load a corrupt instrument file.

I converted a bunch of old Akai instruments and ran into that situation several times. I had to locate the buggy instrument and delete it.

Go Back to forum