• Register
  • Help

Topic: Win98 SE lockup on computer shutdown

Win98 SE lockup on computer shutdown

Anyone have a suggestion for this problem? GigaStudio (v 2.54) seems to work without a hitch otherwise. When I\'ve been using GigaStudio for an extended period of time and am ready to shutdown ... GigaStudio exits normally but when I try shutting down Win98 a thin green line appears at the top of the screen and Windows becomes totally unresponsive. The only option at this point is to manually turn the power off. Any suggestions?

Re: Win98 SE lockup on computer shutdown

Oh also, this never occurs unless GigaStudio was launched sometime in the current session. Any advise is appreciated.

Chandler, Arizona

Waiting 30 seconds before shutting down usually resolves this issue on my system.

I remember seeing a fix for this specific problem back when I used WIn98. There is an issue with that particular O.S. shutting down properly.

Hvae a look on the Windows update site.

Cheers, Scott.

Thanks for the responses. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I received a response on Sonic Control that I\'m trying. I haven\'t had the issue re-occur so this could be the solution. I\'ll post the results when I\'ve ran a few more GigaStudio sessions:

You are probably running out of spare Stack Pages, that has happened to me before. to increase the stack pages go to start > run. Type in msconfig. system.ini > 386Enh > NEW > then type in minSPs=16(or higher, but always increase by 4). Hope this helps

Bousley- please post the results of your experiment to cure the shut-down problem. I have the exact same problem. I also had heard that Windows 98 can have shut-down problems, but have not had a chance to research that on the Windows site.

Doug Bircher

I\'ve not had the problem re-occur. After 4 sessions the shutdown has been normal. This may be the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

Go Back to forum