• Register
  • Help

Topic: windows media player

windows media player

I have a problem a bit off topic, but annoying because it \"keeps me away\" from listening to the demos posted here or on the sites of sound producers. My \"Windows Media player\" only charges a small amount of the mp3 and then starts automatically. Then it charges another bit, and stops. If I hit \"stop\" the download is interrupted (the mp3 has disapeard). Anyone knows this problem. Is there another player that cab do the job? Please help! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: windows media player

Winamp, Real and Quicktime all play MP3s. Winamp is probably the simplest. Real is the most infected with promotions. Quicktime is okay, but I don\'t like the way it integrates with my browser. Try \'em all. See which one is best for you.

Hi, look under; Tools> Options and Performance. Perhaps your connection speed is set higher than you have? Or it might be set to \"Detect Connection Speed\" try setting it to something low like 28.8 modem and then the player should stream more of the song into the player before it starts.

Cheers, Scott.

Thank you for your help!
    Scott, I tried it and could charge 1 % more, hm quite symbolic... so I followed Jons advice and got winamp. Now everything\'s fine because the player doesn\'t read directly from the net, but downloads the file first on the harddisk. Now I can listen to Sam\'s haunted... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Go Back to forum