• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's included in GS160?

What\'s included in GS160?

From what I remember, GS160 used to come with Giga piano and the free NFX effects. I was wondering if that has changed now? I don\'t see it anywhere on their site. Does it come with anything else? Thank you.

Re: What\'s included in GS160?

Yes that\'s right. It also comes with some really lame drum sounds. You get NFX1,2 and 3 out of the box and when you register you get NFX 4 EQ plug-in.

Thank you for the information. I would have been annoyed if it did not include GP anymore, especially at that price tag. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Hate to say it, but you may not like Gigapiano as much as you might want. (Do a search for Gigapiano on this site and you\'ll see many complaints.) Probably the best resolution is but another piano library. I use the Vintaudio upright pianos (from Vintaudio.com): two excellent pianos for $100. (I\'m not in any way affiliated with this company--these uprights are just good, and will make a huge difference in your piano pleasure.

(Gigapiano isn\'t sampled on every note, and around middle C, the felt pads were apparently packed from years of rock playing. The release samples are also ringy--one of the first edits many people suggest for Gigapiano is turning off all the release samples, or at least reducing their volume. Once you do this and extend the decay of the notes a bit and generally adjust the sound, the result is still much better than most hardware synth pianos, but you may still wish for a fuller souning piano.)

I think the GigaPiano sounded horrid so it\'s no big loss.... but loved it at first. I used it on a project once, and it was only for 4 notes. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] After I played my friends Steinway B for a bit, I instantly started hating the Gigapiano. So I ended up buying the Steinway D. Either sounds SOOOO much better than GigaPiano.

Go Back to forum