• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase and Giga CPU reporting bug?

Cubase and Giga CPU reporting bug?

I am using the newest versions of Gigastudio and Cubase SL. I have an athlon xp 2500 with 1.5 Gig of ram. (This problem occured with previous versions of both programs as well) When I open Giga and load a bunch of instruments and effects reverb, etc. it will for example say CPU load 40%. But then when I open Cubase to run a midi to trigger the samples suddenly the cpu meter becomes inaccurate, the number would constantly move anywhere from 40-100something %, changing every second. I don\'t really experience any problems, but I am wondering why this happens? I have tried also using it with an old version of cakewalk and the cpu consumption in the same instance stays at the 40-50% range. Any info from you fellow cubase users out there is welcomed.

Re: Cubase and Giga CPU reporting bug?

Am I the only one with this problem? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hi Vash, I dont think those CPU meters are really that accurate. Try doing a ctrl+alt+del and watch the performance in the task manager. It is likely to be more accurate.

If you are really concerned about your CPU and system resource use there are third party programs that you can download. A lot of overclockers use them, partly cause they just have to know how fast their system is running and partly cause they\'re just plain nuts.

Thanks for the reply. I did try the task manager monitor before just to make sure and it pretty much mirrors the behavior of the GS cpu monitor. Hopefully, I really have nothing to worry about? (Asking in a paranoid tone) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum