• Register
  • Help

Topic: Intel Application Accelerator

Intel Application Accelerator

Does anyone use or have knowledge about the Intel Application Accelerator in a DAWs setting - especially a GS disk read intensive environment? It is compatable with Windows 9.x, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows NT and is free for download.

\"The Intel Application Accelerator is a performance software package for Intel desktop PCs aimed at optimizing system performance. Technically, the software reduces the storage sub-system bottleneck, enabling faster delivery of data from the hard drive to the processor and other system level hardware. Practically, it provides accelerated disk speed for games, graphics applications, disk utilities, and media authoring applications. The Application Accelerator also delivers faster overall system boot times by significantly accelerating the load time of the OS. Included in the installation package is the Intel Application Accelerator diagnostic utility that provides detailed information on all of the system ATA and ATAPI storage devices including hard drives, CD-ROM drives, DVD-ROM drives, CD-RW drives, and other ATAPI removable media drives.\"

Re: Intel Application Accelerator

I\'ve used it for a year or so--noticably faster, no percievable hiccups. I like it.

Go Back to forum